SAU Community

Superlap 2010 Ramblings

Bozman1

hey is there any SAU stickers avail, would be nice to have one on GTR for the photo shoots . jes.............? we might have a new paint livery for superlap so would be good to have a plug for the club :(

dave

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no probs Dave, will make sure a sticker is there on the day. Or pm me address details if you want it sent direct beforehand.

Jess...not sure who and there really shouldn't be any confusion. Neil is the contact and he has left his details with Ian multiple times. A full on rice show is probably not SAU NSW but if they are looking for club displays and normal cars I'm sure we will have great interest :(

Hey mate, they're all mid engined so qualify. It's really only specific to 911's... and beetles :(

cool that’s good to know I was under the impression they were not allowed, As I heard threw a shop that a Ferrari 430 GT race car wanted to enter but was not accepted? Must be wrong but.

no probs Dave, will make sure a sticker is there on the day. Or pm me address details if you want it sent direct beforehand.

Jess...not sure who and there really shouldn't be any confusion. Neil is the contact and he has left his details with Ian multiple times. A full on rice show is probably not SAU NSW but if they are looking for club displays and normal cars I'm sure we will have great interest :(

oh nice work lofty...SAU sticker will look good on the GTR...so would Jess in the passenger seat going for a HAWT lap....lol *wink*

Ive contacted Neil and will work it out..I would love to see SAU cars on display and wont be that rice!! They are accepting race cars..wink wink nudge nudge Duncan!!!!

cool that's good to know I was under the impression they were not allowed, As I heard threw a shop that a Ferrari 430 GT race car wanted to enter but was not accepted? Must be wrong but.

No reason why it could not run :)

14.2.1 Vehicles

• All Vehicles must be available for purchase from a major manufacturer currently/previously as a factory OEM vehicle.

• No Open Wheel vehicles, Clubman or Kit cars allowed, as determined by the promoters.

• No rear engine 6 Cylinder or above vehicles allowed.

No rear engine 6 Cylinder or above vehicles allowed.

We'd have loved to see the Supercharged 911 compete in Superlap - it's a 1971 911 which was running a custom supercharged 911SC engine ...

large1159.jpg

large753.jpg

large752.jpg

Lap times are ...

Eastern Creek 1 min 44s

Oran South 48 secs

Oran GP 1 min 17 secs

Wakefield 1 min 06 secs.

Extremely impressive for a car that is 39 years old.

Info on the car here ... http://www.tunersgroup.com/supercharged_911.html

Videos of it here ... http://www.tunersgroup.com/Videos/Supercharged_911.html

We can't find anywhere where it says in the rules "No quad-rotored rear engine 1971 911's are permitted" :)

In terms of quad rotors, the Scoot Quad Rotor is one of my favourite cars of all time !

The noise it makes is epic - there's a video of it here ...

http://www.tunersgroup.com/Videos/Scoot_4_rotor_RX-7.html

And yes, we did do some research to see if a quad rotor would fit in the back of an early 911 :(

- The Tuners Group

Edited by TheTunersGroup

Anyone attending the test days on wednesday and thursday?

I'm working out when to fly down.

Was thinking about it but a bit too expensive for me plus extra night accomodation etc.

weather in may is usually fantastic... chilly nights, fresh mornings, excellent comfortable temps during the day, perfect sunny afternoons and lush greenness everywhere... autumn is the best season!

Me too mate, great things to drive ;)

We're on the hunt for somewhere to test Hollywood's 32 after it's rebuild and new Hollinger in a couple of weeks. Lakeside or Morgan Park most likely. I'll make a point of checking the brakes too. :blink:

Might need to check the undies after the form at Hollywoods last EC adventure? ;)