SAU Community

Salvo Xmas Cruise

OLDS

Hi Guys

You are invited to attend the annual Hardtuned.net/Nissansilvia.com SALVO (AWL) XMAS CHARITY CRUISE

DATE: SUNDAY 13th DEC

TIME: 5pm meet for a 6pm cruise start

MEET: ETSA Stadium

DONATION: (Any one item from the following choices)

1. Cash (Gold coin)

2. Soft Toy/Educational Toy

3. Dog/Cat Dry/Tinned food/Treats/Toys

...the Animal Welfare League is seriously in desperate need of some help this Xmas too, they also need 2nd hand clean towels (they wet them to try & keep the animals cool)

All makes & models of cars are most welcome !!! Santa costumes (or part there of) are encouraged... BEST XMAS DECORATED CAR will win a prize (supplied by the OLDS).

Permit letters are available from the OLDS via PM...please incl. your full name, make, model & colour of your car PLUS an email address.

Any questions or info., you want to help out etc please PM ShaniBanani (Events Co-ordinator) or us the OLDS .

"OLD Jules & Mark"

mark, can i get a permit for a defected car?

Adrian Guerra

toyota corolla

white

[email protected]

vmp844

Thanks for asking this question Adrian....I have made the response for everyone to read....

If the car is defected a permit is for rego only...it still doesnt give you permission to ignore the defects. If they have defected it for "being unroadworthy" on or off a permit....it is still unroadworthy.

So if the conditions of the defect incl. dont drive it...or to a repair shop...or it has to be cleared at Regency...(then if stopped by SAPOL) even on a permit, you will stil be made to tow home. So you need to decide...

OLD Mark

• 3 weeks later...

I shall be there in the R33.

Question...Where is the meet point for the cruise today?

Is it (Link)

A. Santos Stadium

B. ETSA Park Netball Stadium

or

C. Just off/By Scottland Road (Where marker is, if it shows)

I shall be there in the R33.

Question...Where is the meet point for the cruise today?

Is it (Link)

A. Santos Stadium

B. ETSA Park Netball Stadium

or

C. Just off/By Scottland Road (Where marker is, if it shows)

Magnify the Map...and B is correct (opp Bunnings on the other side of the road)

OLD Mark (see you there)

I'll be there in the Stagea.

Brilliant...least someone will be driving in comfort lol (***turns green with envy**)

OLD Mark

I decided to join the cruise with my parents car as my car is off the road. Everything was great until half way through I decided to go home. In all 3 years being in the import scene I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt believe how many f*ckheads and you know who u are nearly hit me as I head the other direction to go home!!!!!! I had to hit the brakes on every corner freaking out because idiots were cutting corners, one dickhead drifted in front of me on a blind corner. I wasnt going anymore than 10km/h because my friend and myself were terrified of how dangerously people were driving.

This is just messed up!! No wonder we get the blame. This wasnt like this a couple years ago. NEWBES GET THE F*UCK OFF THE ROAD OR DONT DRIVE AN IMPORT!!! Your not a fking pro racer! and I wont even mention the people who did actually crash at the cruise!

Im bloody 18 and I even know better than that! There is a time and place for everything and this was meant to be a charity cruise not some race.

Think you sumed it up pretty well there Kahli. Thats why after the Corkscrew i turned towards town, i'd had enough of the boy racer wanna be's. I Feel sorry that your friend had to witness and be terrified by some of these clowns, and yes i think we all know who they are!

I decided to join the cruise with my parents car as my car is off the road. Everything was great until half way through I decided to go home. In all 3 years being in the import scene I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldnt believe how many f*ckheads and you know who u are nearly hit me as I head the other direction to go home!!!!!! I had to hit the brakes on every corner freaking out because idiots were cutting corners, one dickhead drifted in front of me on a blind corner. I wasnt going anymore than 10km/h because my friend and myself were terrified of how dangerously people were driving.

This is just messed up!! No wonder we get the blame. This wasnt like this a couple years ago. NEWBES GET THE F*UCK OFF THE ROAD OR DONT DRIVE AN IMPORT!!! Your not a fking pro racer! and I wont even mention the people who did actually crash at the cruise!

Im bloody 18 and I even know better than that! There is a time and place for everything and this was meant to be a charity cruise not some race.

Well said. When i get ma 32 i aint goin on any cruise's untill i'm comfortable driving in the hills. We had some guy in a S13 trying to lose the back end around most of the corners.

Well said. When i get ma 32 i aint goin on any cruise's untill i'm comfortable driving in the hills. We had some guy in a S13 trying to lose the back end around most of the corners.

It's great to hear that you guys feel the same way that I did about this event.

I finaly had the spare fundage to get the 34 back on the road and thought a charity cruise would be good fun... nope.

I had a mate, the missus and little one in the car and I have to say that we never felt more worried driving through the hills before.

I hope some time soon we can get on a cruise to meet some of you guys, as you all seem a decent bunch and im sure it will be a better family outing than this was.

OK... Despite all the negative posts from some of you the cruise did what it set out to do which was to raise money for the Salvation Army & donate goods for those who aren't quite as lucky as we this Christmas :laugh:

Also a HUGE THANKS to Mark & Julie for organising the cruise... Alot of time & effort goes into these events & I know many including myself are very much looking forward to the BSM Cruise.

I also noted a few drivers pushing beyond their limits IMO & also think some things may need to change for the next one but aside from this the Cruises Mark organises are top notch :)