SAU Community

Painting Calipers

Aznbongsta

Hi everyone.

I want to paint My calipers :P

Dont knw what colour will suit my car!

I have photoshopped it pretty bad but what do you guys think in red?

redcalipers.jpg

Also is it alright to paint the brake pad too?

Because on my calipers u can see the top surface of the brake pads?

reason im asking is because i wont be taking off my calipers ( Dont know how, Im a newbie)

So im just gonna use masking tape.

What other colors you think will suit my setup?

Thanks People

Gunmetal or dark gold would look pretty good - goes well with darker wheels.

Red would be good if you had white/light coloured wheels or if you had a wheel design with a chrome lip.

If the weather is good this weekend - I'm gonna paint mine satin black - I have stock GT-T wheels

They do look nice but you got those nice GTT Calipers :3some:

I dont have them :rolleyes: I got those crappy looking GT calipers.

I think (non-turbo) calipers are best coloured dark gold or any other dark metallic colour.

Silver is ok too - kind of stock looking (think Honda Accord Euro) but gives you a nice factory fresh finish.

If you paint them red (or any "loud" colour) they kinda look undersized/ricey as it draws alot of attention to the caliper - due to the contrasting colours.

Definately each to their own I say.

They do look nice but you got those nice GTT Calipers :3some:

I dont have them :rolleyes: I got those crappy looking GT calipers.

spend the money and get some good rotors and calipers like i did :D

Otherwise its probably not worth painting the GT calipers as it just looks too small and lets face it they arent exactly attractive calipers..

Stealth up the calipers and do them Satin Black or something.

gold is cool mine are gold.

tip dont get any of anything on ur rotors or on the surface of ur pads

preparation is key the cleaner the caliper the longer the paint will stick

i used a lacquer based paint (standard automotive no heat bullshit) and it has last a long time

for cleaning use a wire brush, old tooth brush, and brake rotor cleaner (stronger than degreaser)

and if u get sick of one color than change it only cost $20 and a night

omfg do each a different color

I think (non-turbo) calipers are best coloured dark gold or any other dark metallic colour.

Silver is ok too - kind of stock looking (think Honda Accord Euro) but gives you a nice factory fresh finish.

If you paint them red (or any "loud" colour) they kinda look undersized/ricey as it draws alot of attention to the caliper - due to the contrasting colours.

Definately each to their own I say.

Agreed!

Silver can look quite tough though with the right size discs and coloured rims :down:

I got sick of my Gold calipers so I decided to go racing red (has a tinge of orange in it) ...hot....damn, I gotta say, Gold looks nice and subtle but racing red is purely sex especially if you have huge calipers like I do on my R33.

This is what I did...got grease remover - have it a good clean, then used metal sand paper to side it all down smoothly, then gave it 2 layers of primer...allowing 30 minutes for each coat, then spray 2 layers of the red heat-resistant paint onto the calipers and allowed 45 minutes for each coat.

Looked awesome!

you can remove the pads without taking off the caliper mate
They do look nice but you got those nice GTT Calipers :D

I dont have them :)I got those crappy looking GT calipers.

im pretty certain my above quote is incorrect for the non-turbo calipers. But you can probably still paint those calipers without disassembling them and removing the pads - just mask it all up nicely, and try not to get any paint in there

Hi everyone!

well......... after all the thankful feedback i got, i still decided to go with red :rofl:

I used Dulipcolor Metalcast Red

for me i reakon it turned out great.

cimg1319e.jpg

For those who know, whats a safe drying time until i drive me car again? so far i left it to t dry for 2 days.