SAU Community

My car got shot at!

CroatianR33

OK well it was only a BB gun but whoever done it used metal balls and I found six on the ground next to my but there are ten shots from the front right guard along the door and all the way to the back right panel. The back right panel also got a good knee by the *unts!!! Where they kneed my car there is no scrathing of the paint but the dent is more than 5cm deep and about 20cm accross.

Each shot left a small dent and chipped off the paint so now I need to find out how much its going to cost me. My car is a two tone with silver on the top and the darker sort of grey colour at the bottom (Im colour deficient so I might be wrong). Now I have been told that it is impossible to get the same colours and just get a panel beater to smoothen out the panels and then get them affected panels resprayed. I have also heard that to blend the paint in properly it has to go across 3 panels so thats pretty much most of the car and I dont want differently shaded panels!!! So is my only choice to respray the whole car???? If so how much would this cost?? With a reputable business???

Ps. No Insurance!!!

A decent respray is around $3000. You can probably knock $1000 off this if you do the prep work yourself, though I'm not sure how much of an expert you have to be to do that properly.

Where did this happen? This kind of shit really pisses me off, makes me want to form some sort of vigilante group and find these pricks and bust em up good!

Argh sorry to hear. Where'd this happen?!?!

his location says Strathfield :( I hope it's not in Stratty as I'm there all the time.

I too know how it feels - I recently drove over white paint (black R32) that some morons poured over the road! cost about $300 for detailing and cleaning (twice) to get rid of it :D