SAU Community

Lewis’s R34 Fourdoor Build Thread

yeah....not know about that it a struggle already getting into the drive way lol but i not 100% happy with the front of the car but i dunno whats wrong with it...i think i may get a East bear lip on it & hopefully that will slove my problem lol however then ill have even more problems getting in the garage....arrr the problems are never ending haha

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update,

Now sporting some White TE37's & a yellow canary on the window.

Went though regency a week ago completely standard ish...but didn’t pass because of window tint, GTR wheels with brand new tires & the zenon hid's which i thought were standard. Waiting till pay day to get new tires for my standard wheels then going to go back though, luckily a friend from high school has a 34 now too and she's offered for me to borrow her headlight to go to regency with.

After I’ve gotten of defect I need to ether get some longer wheel studs or 10mm spacers with longer studs what do you guys reckon? Also can any tell me where i got for logner wheel studs?

• 1 month later...

Update*

Soo anyways my bestmate ended up getting my car defected wile i had no license haha so been like 1 step forward 2 steps back but anyways all cleared now and cars completely standard & regency approved :(

but anyways that wasn't going to stay that way for long haha i ended up swapping the GTR wheels for a set of white TE37's with 'rad32' of here and yeah really happy with them. Put them on for the first time the other day and took some photos so here they are:

14e3ti1.jpg

Fronts 18x8.5 +25ish Rears 18x9.5 +20ish

2vj3caw.jpg

Fronts could maybe do with a 10mm spacer and some smaller tires, thinking 225's instead of the 235's

255ns78.jpg

Rears im really happy with :(

I know about the mexican 4x4 lol the coilovers & exhaust should hopefully going in on saturday along with an HSK EVC 6 & display unit that i picked up yesterday. It wont be as low as the last time, going to raise it up to a legal-ish height i think :( and yeah think thats all i need to say atm

oh the bucket seats are now forsale $2250 $2250ono or swap for a full 25neo manual converstion heres the link:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/2x...tml&hl=velo

awesome, so go the exhaust back on and along with that fitted up my new EVC and works good need to mount it properly n stuff yet but good for now lol anyways I took it for a test drive on 44KPA which is around 6PSI, it seams more responsive but its now hitting boost cut now under heavy acceleration. I thought standard was 7psi? i'v put my low boost on 44kpa & the high boost on 83kpa (12psi).

anybody got some suggestions?

thanks

-lewis

• 2 weeks later...

Well i though to resolve the problem i had with the boost is to get a nistune remap & overall make the car run better so that’s going to Dex up at garage 7 early next week. So hopefully ill get some good power, iv never had any of my cars on the dyno so im rather excited. I would like to make around the 170-180 mark so fingers crossed a few people said i might not make that though cos its auto, is that true?

Also the exhaust is on now too so got the awesome RB grumble back along with coilovers and TE37’s are on too.

A few more little visual mods going on this month, my rays lock nuts got delivered this afternoon so they will get going on over the weekend along with hopefully a new vivagarage ducktail lip. But i didnt want to go the same way luke went with his 4door (as tough as it is!) so i went with something different. when it arrive from USA (taking a gamble here!) an evo style vortex generator. I don’t know how it will look because the 34’s roof is rather flat and long but we’ll see I’m pretty excited. Colour scheme: I’m thinking of doing them both in a glossy black or get them painted up the same as the car with pewter.

Up for subjections

2nkkqbl.jpg

Vortex Generator

w9gtwo.jpg

Bootlip

smzwbt.jpg

Also still sporting the banana breaks, Legendary!

I got one of the ducktail lips for mine, needed heaps of prep work and wasnt the best fit, gonna get a proper jap one i think.

thanks man, your the second person to have said something along the same lines so think ill get the origin one :banana:

I gave the skyline a bit of a wash n decided to take some new photos with the differnt wheels on the weekend so here they are :)

2qvcpcj.jpg

o0xjsm.jpg

intysp.jpg

Needs 25mm bolt on

166b4ih.jpg

anyways dropped the skyline off to dex up at garage 7 this morning so should get it back later this week sometime. hopeing for it to make about 170-80ish on the dyno fingers crossed and running better too :)