SAU Community

Toyota Alphard

skyline78

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does any one whether this car can be import into australia or not ? and how much does it cost because i cant find any details bout this car , thanks

toyota alphard

Iam pretty certain its not eligible ? what sort of car is it ?

ironchef - please explain what you mean by "not yet" ninjaface?

is there something you're in knowlege of that we are not in the knowlege of?

..is it something that should be shared in this thread to contribute the betterment of our minds?

i don't see how they could be compliable... personally...

on the grounds of... they're HUGE. their lights are completely different to ADR standard... (the brake lights hyperflash under harsh braking - a euro thing)

and they're huge.

i saw these EVERYWHERE when i was in jakarta - thought that if they're everywhere then they hav to be cheap - i was wrong... so... so very wrong. but perhaps at auction is a different story!!

Got it in one Will, just waiting on the article to be run and we'll get things moving. The fact that I want one for a family bus has nothing to do with it of course. Might add the Vellfire while I'm at it - sexiest people mover on the planet...

vellfire_05.jpg

Got it in one Will, just waiting on the article to be run and we'll get things moving. The fact that I want one for a family bus has nothing to do with it of course. Might add the Vellfire while I'm at it - sexiest people mover on the planet...

vellfire_05.jpg

is there one here?

None here yet, and they're gonna be fairly pricey I suspect, up around $40K and upwards for the Alphards, fully loaded though. The Vellfires are still $40K in Japan, you'd be closer to $55-60K I reckon to bring one in.

see - i edited my post to say "be cautious" - but removed the edit because i thoguht it might jeopardise chris's or kris's or other people's business dealings... but

i'm re-posting it anyway.. i think people should beware of alphard due tot he following factors

which are

i don't think you guys actually have any clue as to how big they are - these things are far bigger than elgrand.

kristian - on a personal note there is a possibility you could switch your focus of sourcing htese cars from malaysia or jakarta? they're in high abundance over there and could perhaps be imported in higher volume from there.. just saying..

the alphard has high amount of electronic gadgetry, many of which australia's auto electricians /cant/ read japanese. nor will they know how to fix them should something go wrong.

don't get me wrong - alphard is a beautiful van. but a freight on board price from car yard is approx 35K++ starting for an early build 1st gen base model - that's not talking about the vellfire. which by the way kristian - you posted a second generation alphard.. i'm working on the assumption you're looking to get approval for sevs of the first gen..

pic_toyota_alphard_8848.jpg

first gen

alphard091.jpg

2nd gen - note how the arch of the drivers windows "curves" and is more rounded than the first gen..

vellfire wasn't made for the 1st gen to my knowlege please correct if wrong...

and while i admit - the alphard is a beautiful van.. you're lokoing between 40-55K landed n complied for one of these as somoene else stated ...

you could save about 15 or so grand or so getting a top of the range leather n woodgrain "tarago" and keeping the money for possible modifications

Estima06_KS_F.jpg

Estima06_KS_R.jpg

like i know you guys have probably got a bee in your bonnet about these cars but please see my point of view - this could cost a lot of people a lot of money - does the family demographic and the egular australian van buying market (families and such) - will they REALLY be listening when you're offering a 50 grand van that's about 6 years old with no warranty and little to no aftermarket support?

i personally doubt it.. thoguhts???

(ps - in my opinion i prefer the tarago to alphard. the alphard is REALLY just... blergh)

Edited by Mr Eps

for me : have scan tool will travel. I'm a gadget person though. those things couldnt be any bigger than the current breadbox they sell. what driveline is under it?

from a totally different angle : the toyota tundra does get sold here as a grey market ute and its a fair bit bigger than a landcruiser. it has a market and I dare say these will to. the tundra by the time its flipped (LHD->RHD) is $100k.

Mr Eps, I'm doing both first and second generation models. The Alphard is actually slightly smaller than the E51 Elgrand in a couple of measurements, and prices are fairly comparable to E51s too. They sold stacks of them in Japan so supply isn't a problem, and the other big advantage is they sold as a hybrid.

I'm actually looking at a couple of other cars out of SE Asia though, but that's further on down the track.

The same motors available in the Tarago/Estima - 2.4 litre 4 cyl or 3.0 litre V6 on first gen, that went to 3.5 litres for second gen. The Hybrid uses the 2.4 litre motor with two electric motors from memory.

• 3 weeks later...