SAU Community

Coil Packs, Injectors

Curtis.Cow

hey,

im after a good quality set of injectors and coil packs for my R33 gtst,

its all pretty much stock, just got a atmo BOV, thats about it...

so if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be nice. Oh btw im from perth, so if you know a shop in perth would be handy to, or ill get them off the net :P

cheers

are you wanting bigger injectors or just replacement stock ones? if going bigger then don't forget you need some sort of aftermarket engine management to run the bigger injectors.

also look online for coil packs. they will be cheaper.

im just after some replacements for my stocks :nyaanyaa: haha yeh im looking on ebay they fairly cheap there. do i have to get certain spark plugs or anything, was looking at splitfires :P sounds nice and sexy to me :) haha

Take it to a workshop in your state who knows what they're doing.

You need an aftermarket ECU to run non-standard injectors (don't even bother with 2nd hand items, again asking for trouble, if the current injectors work just get them ultrasonically cleaned instead), and a tune to match the bigger injectors.

Atmo BOV on a stock ECU is asking for trouble, and could be the problem.

Gap current plugs down to 0.8mm, Check the ignitor ground wire (if it's only misfiring when hot you might need a new ignitor), try a new set of copper plugs (if still misfires gap them down to 0.8mm), then have a look at replacing your coilpacks (check http://www.performance-wise.com/page63.htm for cheaper yellowjacket coils)

good aftermarket ecu would be a Z32 ecu with a nistune board in it. also the best bang for your buck option. will set you back around $1000

as for injectors, i agree with just getting the stock ones cleaned professionally.

as for spark plugs, BCPR6ES would be my recommendation. try new plugs before going new coils. much cheaper and can sometimes solve missfire issues if they are simply caused by worn plugs.

i got new spark plugs, didnt really help, just made my car start to shudder at idel... not sure if its ment to or no, made it stop hunting as much ;) so i guess ill go out and get some coil packs to see whats the go, i brought some injector cleaner to see if thats any good.. if not ill take it to someone to clean them xD