SAU Community

S2 Stagea Rs4s Manual Clutch Help

beaugus

Hey all, had another question which I need help finding the right advise for. I'm needing to replace the clutch in my Series 2 Stagea RS4S shortly and was hoping somebody on here could help me source the right part number for a replacement clutch kit by exedy.

Till this point I was under the impression the Stagea has an R33 GTR gearbox fitted up as factory standard therefor I should be looking at clutch components that suit the 33 but after searching through a few posts already I haven't been able to find a definitive answer or part number.

If anyone has had their clutch replaced using exedy parts I would greatly appreciate knowing what they had fitted and their thoughts on the clutch after having it installed.

Thanks in advanced.

Update

I've got the correct part numbers for the corresponding clutch kits to suite a Series 2 Stagea from 98-on they are as follows for everybody's future reference.

Clutch Size: 250x25.5x24

Pull Type Clutch to suit RB25DET NEO

OEM Replacement: NSK-7333 / $941.20

Heavy Duty Kit: NSK-7333HD / $1,079.95

Heavy Duty Button Kit: NSK-7333HDB / $1,186.95

Heavy Duty Cushion Button Kit: NSK-7333HDCB $1,450.70

The NSK-7172 series suits all GTR variances from 1993-on, so late model R32 GTR's all the way through to 2002 R34's that feature a pull-type clutch. Coincidentally it also appears to fit Series 2 Stageas as well.

The NSK-7333 suits 98 model-on R34 GT-T's as well as Series 2 Stagea's so it appear that Nissan have made the fitment sizes identical between the GT-T and GTR of the same period probably for convenience.

I would assume the only real difference (if any) is perhaps the torque capacity of the GTR (NSK-7172) clutch may be higher but this I can't confirm.

yer its possible both clutches are the same. kinda weird, as i said that what i have in mine now. exedy has quoted that there nsk7172hd will only hold 363kw at the fly and do not recommend use in stageas. i had a heavy duty put in and i already regret it. its starting to show signs of slipping. (only a few weeks old). my brother inlaw had the same clutch fitted to his r33 rwd and it only lasted a week. but his car has got a few little mods i think its about 300hp atw.

yer its possible both clutches are the same. kinda weird, as i said that what i have in mine now. exedy has quoted that there nsk7172hd will only hold 363kw at the fly and do not recommend use in stageas. i had a heavy duty put in and i already regret it. its starting to show signs of slipping. (only a few weeks old). my brother inlaw had the same clutch fitted to his r33 rwd and it only lasted a week. but his car has got a few little mods i think its about 300hp atw.

have you bedded the clutch in properly? your supposed to drive really softly for about 1000kms before you go anywhere near WOT otherwise it will slip

will also f**k up if you didn't get the flywheel machined

have you bedded the clutch in properly? your supposed to drive really softly for about 1000kms before you go anywhere near WOT otherwise it will slip

will also f**k up if you didn't get the flywheel machined

And cleaned properly!!! machining cast will bring carbon to surface and if not cleaned with solvent will cause slipping & shuddering.

• 3 years later...

Update

I've got the correct part numbers for the corresponding clutch kits to suite a Series 2 Stagea from 98-on they are as follows for everybody's future reference.

Clutch Size: 250x25.5x24

Pull Type Clutch to suit RB25DET NEO

OEM Replacement: NSK-7333 / $941.20

Heavy Duty Kit: NSK-7333HD / $1,079.95

Heavy Duty Button Kit: NSK-7333HDB / $1,186.95

Heavy Duty Cushion Button Kit: NSK-7333HDCB $1,450.70

He guys.. a very strong bump here, but I'm wondering if the above information is still valid? Has anyone else gone down a different route and/or have any recommendations in regards to replacing the clutch?

I use a extreme 6 puck clutch there model b4 you go carbon and there fly wheel as well cheap and has held up very well considering the power I am using through it

I'm really happy with my Nismo twin-plate Super CopperMix. It cost a fare wedge of cash, but it's light to use, not too bitey, and should easily last quite a while even when (or if) I ever bump up the power levels.