SAU Community

Should I Part It Out?

msports180

OK i have had my stagea for sale for ages, i cant sell it, i cant trade it.

I dont really want to go much lower as i know i could part it out for more, when would you say yeah stuff it im gonna part it out. Is it worth it?

Yeah it takes longer to get the money, but im going to be using the money to finish my house so i can refinance the mortgage and get the MRS new car. So if it takes a few months, well its gonna take me a few months to get everything done anyway.

What should i do? Im over the whole stagea experience, great car's but ive had nothing but trouble from day 1.

Opinion's?

Dude if you really want to get rid of it swap it for the R34 the dude offered you on your for sale page. i imagine would be easier to sell the 34.

Have you put it on other sites like Boost Cruising and Car sales?

Just ideas :P

all the best, let us know how you go.

Most people would say don't break up a perfectly good car but for you its purely a financial decision and you have to do whatever works out best for you so I won't try to advise you.

I am amazed at your fortitude after having with great effort shifted all the bits from one car to another you are able to contemplate pulling it all apart again!

[However if you do decide to sell the parts please PM me with the rear diff ratio and a price for the diff and axles]

...Bob

Dude if you really want to get rid of it swap it for the R34 the dude offered you on your for sale page. i imagine would be easier to sell the 34.

Have you put it on other sites like Boost Cruising and Car sales?

Just ideas :P

all the best, let us know how you go.

Have spoken to him and he is no longer looking for a stagea.

I dont want to have to pull it apart, i just cant see any other way of ever moving it. They just dont seem to sell.

Hold off making the decision until at least Feburary, there may be a few people out there interested but aren't willing to part with cash until the Xmas/new years break is over. Until then, broaden your for sale listings to other car forums, carsales etc. And if it comes to it, a better option than parting it out would be to put it up for auction at an auction yard like Manheim Fowles, you might not get excatly what you want for it but it saves the hastle of stripping and selling each part.

Currently it is priced to match a Genuine 260RS after negotiations. Match it to a Series 2, manual price wise and see what happens. There will be parts that wont sell...

Have you tried contacting wholesalers just to move it quick?

Im willing to drop it a bit lower, just not a heap or like i said im then going cheaper then the sum of its parts.

I have tried wholesaler's to, being a weird car there not to keen on it, espicially being over here in wait awhile.

There's a series 1 RB260 been on Trade me for weeks buy now at $17500 but can't even get a bid for $15000 and its a good straight car. They seem to go for a bit more in Aus but still you are probably better of dropping your price when you consider all of your time and labour and the hassle of selling the parts.

if you get enough interest in most of the parts then i would look at parting it out *shotguns rear bar, steering wheel and front seats* cause if i had the money id buy it and part it out everyone is always looking for spare parts or to replace bits and pieces

• 2 weeks later...

OK xmas is over why hasnt it sold yet? :bunny:

Looking at a GQ patrol atm that needs some work, if i get it when ive got it all fixed and back on the road if i have not had any interest im parting it out.