SAU Community

Don't Know The Colour Of My Car...

Amaaru

Hey all,

As mentioned I dont know the colour of my car!! (specifically)

13564_214086903641_749148641_4250981_1575065_n.jpg

Thats how it looks in the sunlight. I can get some more pics up soon jst needa take them.

The car was resprayed before I bought it. It looks like they just tried to find a colour close to midnight purple lol.

All the info I have is that its a "mazda 3 metallic burgundy" but when talking to previous owners they dont even know if that's true.

How can I go about finding out what colour this thing is exactly as its making it hard for me to get parts painted that colour.

I like the colour and dont have enough money to respray it so this is my best option for being able to paint new spoilers to match lol.

Also, if it is this mazda 3 colour anyone around here know where I can get stuff painted in this colour?

Thanks in advance!

auto barn has books with colour swabs and you can take the book out to your car and see which one best matches

while this is true, you can also find out what color your car came with from the factory by looking at the vin label - there will be a 3 character paintcode eg KH2 or something like that - you can then look it up on this forum for the correct original paint code.

wont help you much with a respray but if you're wanting to revert it to original it helps

-D

• 5 weeks later...

A lot of good crash repairers have a special 'spectrum analyzer' for want of a better word that actually looks at the specific colour spectrums being reflected off the paint and can tint up new paint exactly the same. Ask them if they can just write down the paint tint codes for you for a few bucks? Worth a try