SAU Community

Get In The Car With Us At The Mt Buller Sprint!

Kel

Here's Duncan and I, having a bit of fun with our in-car from the recent Mt Buller Sprint

(well you can't expect anything Duncan's associated with to be serious).

For the first time ever, hear what the nav actually says and what the driver actually hears during a competitive rally stage :wub:

Mt Buller In-Car: Handley & Handley

*UPDATED*: For those with short attention spans... here's the prologue :)

Great video Kel...maybe next time, lose the music so we can hear ya a bit better.

Music and Incar don't really go together unless you dont have intercom audio. As an added benefit we get to hear that RB sing :D

I wish mate....all I can hear from her is white noise!

nah we are just having a bif of fun, I actually do pay attention to Kel and she did an amazing job with the calls.

and the poor old rb wasn't singing....7psi thu a gtr is more like a crime than singing :D We will have it sorted properly next time.

The real gold would have come if we'd had sound from Duncan - something we're getting sorted for Lake Mountain.

We had a very sophisticated set up at Buller, consisting of the cam mike taped to the side of my helmet after having adaptor problems.

This was a fairly tame run. On a few of the later ones I was telling D to fark off and pay attention to me (along with some other choice phrases!).

Running the same road over and over makes these drivers a bit cocky and D was calling some of the corners before we got near them (and calling them mostly wrong mind you) :D

Will post some serious (no music) runs when we get our issues with uploading to Youtube sorted.

Wish I knew it was you guys off here - I was the guy that found and returned your Buller Sprint "ID" Kel! :D

Ahh thanks again for that and sorry we didn't know you were there - would have been good to catch up with another SAU-er!

So you were supporting Danny Cerro and Bianca in the Evo? We were speaking to those guys toward the end and they were really bringing down their times (dropping a minute from memory?).

:banana:

Yeah, I was. They did drop a minute between their first and tenth run. More importantly, they kept themselves and the car in one piece.

Definitely the most important thing as it's not a road to be messed with as many discovered, including our mates in the TR7:

TR7 Off @ Buller

They were pretty lucky- just stuck on the bank with no actual damage to the car.

They did have a moment though when the exhaust heated up some dry leaves!

For those with short attention spans... here's the prologue:

Still have troubles loading the full runs (bloody technology!)

• 2 weeks later...