SAU Community

Visiting Japan

croat

Just about to leave for Tokyo for the first time. Staying until the 6th of Jan in Shinjuku. Just wondering if anything major is happening in this time such as Nismo festival etc or any good car showrooms/factories to see??

Also are there places where you can hire GTR's past and present as im hoping to do a little country driving while im there :P

Ta

• 1 month later...

Japan is awesome! I hired an R35 GTR from a place called Premium Rentacar, cant remember exactly where it is but not too far from Shinjuku. highlight of the trip!! cost around $650au for 24 hours including insurance

Japan is awesome! I hired an R35 GTR from a place called Premium Rentacar, cant remember exactly where it is but not too far from Shinjuku. highlight of the trip!! cost around $650au for 24 hours including insurance

For real??? I'm thinking of going to Japan later this year, this will be my first trip I will do on my own, always wanted to travel somewhere by myself.

So will no doubt be renting a GTR!!

• 1 month later...
always wanted to travel somewhere by myself.

Do it! It's one of those things that has to be done at least once. Oh and if you're gonna go to Japan try to learn how to say a few things, you'll be suprised how little english people speak over there...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'll be in Tokyo between 14th June to 20th June.

Just wondering if there is anything interesting on during this time.

Is it easy to go and visit workshops/race tracks - I'm in it for sight seeing?

My plan is to travel around the city by subway/train

If anyone is up for it we can always meet up for a chat and a beer. :(

Hi peoples

Going to hopefully be heading over to Osaka with k-tours around the 14th June anyone

else signed up for the tour

iseekool be good to meet up with another aussie over there for a beer but your going to be Tokyo

Wow - that K-tours thing looks awesome - but 7 days and 6 nights is a little bit too much Osaka for me - As I planned Tokyo specifically - but have not locked in accomodation yet :(

But a side trip to Osaka is very tempting.

I've enquired with k-tours if they can do some sort of 2 or 3 day deal (I do part of the tour instead of the whole lot). I'll await their reply.