SAU Community

Darwin

nuffin_werks

Hi guys ..

I will be in Darwin for the touring cars again so whats the chances of you guys doing a cruise and show me the sites :cheers:

I fly into Darwin on the 19th May..

and doing lunch on Friday at the Winellie :boobs:

Cheers Bart

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought my in brisbane last year , danmit you should have said something mate , jay just sold his r32 gtr last week to some guy in Qld , you could have bought it

oh well , seems theres skylines flippin everywhee these days so it shouldnt be hard for you to find 1

cheers all

Damn....is exactly what I was after. Have just seen his for sale ad here. Do you know what he got for it? Importing one myself is looking like a reasonable option. Anyone here imported and complied skylines in the NT. Are the rules similar to other states? Is it easy to register it here after it has been complied in another state?

Damn....is exactly what I was after. Have just seen his for sale ad here. Do you know what he got for it? Importing one myself is looking like a reasonable option. Anyone here imported and complied skylines in the NT. Are the rules similar to other states? Is it easy to register it here after it has been complied in another state?

I purchased mine in Melbourne arrived in Darwin with only compliance paper work went straight over the pits with no hassles at all. The other option is to see Dave Chetam at Hi Tech Tuning he has 2 skylines for sale at the moment or can source one for you

Thanks for that DEVO. I take it you have an r33 gtr? Was looking to bring in an 89 model gtr with a heap of mods already done. Cant seem to find anything on the web about mods on vehicles in the NT. Your gtr standard or modded? If modded what did they say about any of those mods? These skyline at Dave Chetams, are they gtr's?

Hey all,

As most of you are aware my wife and i have a little one on the way and i need to buy a station wagon (dont laugh if you dont what i am getting). To fund this my R32 GTS4 will be up for sale in 2 months. It has been mildly modded and is very reliable. I will be looking for around $23-24k. FYI, standard ones are going for around the 18k mark. PM me for details or call me on 0417 5777 44.

Ta

Ken

I Have My Skyline Tuned At Daves No Complantes. We Will See How Well He Did On It On Friday At The Street Meet Only Modifications On Car Are Cam Gears Clutch Local Made Exaust And Power Fc. It Was Punching Out 220kw At Rear Wheels. Brett The Car Was Standard When Imported, I Wanted A Standard One That Hadn't Been Tampered With. What A Expensive Decision. Next Time I Would Do It Different.

Yeah devo thanks for that. Would be interested to hear why you say that. Was it stuffed when you got it or just the expense of adding the mods yourself? Is there a short version of your story? hehe. Originally thats what I wanted to do...get something stock as a rock but having seen what is on offer in japan and the money these guys have spent on their cars, and the little extra we have to pay to have a car with all these mods done (as long as I can get it registered!) I figured even if there were a few problems with it, I would come out way ahead.

RBNT...what line of work are you in?...you import cars and parts? would you be able to help me with my GTR import?

hey guys,

long time, whats new?

Sorry, who are you?????? Oh yes, now I remember!!! We are all heading down to the drags on Friday nite for beer on the hill, u keen? Maybe we should meet up somewhere first. I know chicko is going - cause he owes me beer! PM me or chicko if you are coming.

It would be good to see a big bunch of Skyline owners down there - so come on peeps, get out there and say hello.

RBNT

Yeah devo thanks for that. Would be interested to hear why you say that. Was it stuffed when you got it or just the expense of adding the mods yourself? Is there a short version of your story? hehe. Originally thats what I wanted to do...get something stock as a rock but having seen what is on offer in japan and the money these guys have spent on their cars, and the little extra we have to pay to have a car with all these mods done (as long as I can get it registered!) I figured even if there were a few problems with it, I would come out way ahead.

RBNT...what line of work are you in?...you import cars and parts? would you be able to help me with my GTR import?

Brett,

u have pm

ken

I would recommend Dave having taken my 300 twin turbo, gtr, starlet turbo and my current skyline and got excellent results. I'm sure plenty of ppl would agree!

RBNT

yes , i recomend dave highly , he's great !

cheers

ok ok , i owe beers, but who doesn't !

who owns the yellow r33gtst with body kit late get around the palmerston area ?

ive seen this car heaps now but he dont wave or stop

so we meeting at truck city again ken ?

ok ok , i owe beers, but who doesn't !

who owns the yellow r33gtst with body kit late get around the palmerston area ?

ive seen this car heaps now but he dont wave or stop  

so we meeting at truck city again ken ?

Truck city is good - who drivin??? Im drinkin!!!!! That yellow 33 lives near my place, will see if I can attract his attention. Dont know anyone who wants to buy my "mildly" modded r32 do ya????

Cheers m8

ken

Brett I Would Do It Different Next Time Because Of The Expense Of Doing Your Self, Nothing Is Cheap For The Skyline. Buying Standard Was Good In That The Car Is In Great Condition. But Parts Are So Expensive. Just Because You Own A Gtr Everone Thinks You Are Loaded. So Buying Moded Can Save Lots Of Cash.

ken make up u post-it thing and i'll put in on the notice board at work if ya want .

guess what , im on crutches lol , rolled the old ankle running last night , it's big, it's puffy, and now it's all black from bruising weeeeeeeeee. oh well , i'll still be on the hill drinking beers though !

do ya want me to pick u up dude ?