SAU Community

It's Summer, It's Hot, And I Have No Air Con

Blinky101

Hi everyone

I have a R33 and it's all black interior gets damn hot in summer, I swear I lost 5kg's just driving from Bunno to Perth the other week.

Anyway, I want to fix it or replace it, but I need to know the following.

1 - Any good places (where ever) that can service and/or repair my existing unit. (I don't know why it isn't working)

2 - If anyone has a working unit on a wreck that they want to sell.

3 - Or if anyone knows of anywhere that sells second hand, after market or genuine units and can point me in that direction.

I am willing to buy brand new from Japan if need be as it seems like every 33 has problems with the air con and you can't find one that works anywhere.

Anyway, let me know.

Cheers Blinky

Waited for you to come back into work , sold 2 since then .. 1 left so call in

I will as soon as I fly home, been away pretty much since we spoke last except christmas.

I get home next week on Thursday.

My aircon works great on 18 degrees... then you bump it up to 19 degrees and it's like maximum heat lol. So I'm left with the option of either freezing cold or boiling hot :D

Sounds like the temperature sensors are screwed or something...

I prefer freezing cold to boiling hot, with coldness at least you can always counter it by wearing more cloth. With heat, not much more can be done besides driving around naked I guess... :P

yeah usually around $140.

autobahn will do it.

Correction, authbahn are $165.

Also, if your aircon is an older system using the older gas (R12), they won't charge it for you. You will either have to get a replacement system or there's the possibility of a conversion to the R134A system. For mine, I was quoted $320 for conversion, whereby they change the valves and a few other bits and pieces, flush the system, oil it and gas it, then check for leaks. Though with an R33 you SHOULD be on the new gas

Good luck dude :)