SAU Community

Best Spark Plugs To Use In A N/a R33 Gts25

now i don't mean to sound rude, but you should learn to use the search function. all the questions you have posted can be quite easily answered with a quick search. or you could've asked them all in the 1 thread.

• 4 months later...

anyone know the part number that i need for RB25DE? just want some cheap ones as im selling car soon and in the morning it stutters at low revs on cold engine, once it warms up it gets a little better..

any info is great,

thanks

The standard Nickel items are fine, NGK part number BCPR5ES-11 (or BKR5ES-11). The 5 is the heat range, 5 is most efficient on a stock engine, 6 is better for one that receives a regular thrashing and has mild mods (intake/exhaust).

Power gain from different spark plugs is negligible. Platinum’s are less conductive than nickel (i.e. worse) iridium’s are slightly more conductive, but your unlikely to notice the gain, perhaps equally better off with V spark nickels or something,

the most gain with spark plugs can be had by correctly indexing them, so they are all facing the intake ports (middle), you can do this by purchasing thin copper washers, to give you that half turn extra adjustment. some people have even managed it by buying a few packs of plugs and mixing and matching between holes (but copper would be best as it will squash as you tighten, so you can keep the correct tension).

I run indexed BCPR7ES (gapped at 0.75mm with splitfires) on my RB25DE+T with water + meth spray.

Edited by SKiT_R31

Probably find the best info here; http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sp...gs-t104405.html

I've never worked with Nissan V6's, but I’d assume it would be the same story as the straight 6's.

Pretty much run what the turbo boys run but a heat range higher. When you change your spark plugs, you can tell if you’re in the right heat range by the discolouration on the thread, if its past 3 thread lines, you probably want a colder plug (test after fitting your 5's)

I used to have Indexed NGK BKR5EY-11's in my N/A RB25, had perfect burn and the plug wasn’t getting too hot.

I generally think your best with standard nickels (what people call coppers, but they are nickel coated, and all plugs have a copper core) and would get the best performance & cost efficiency replacing them more often, than spending 6 x as much on an iridium and replacing it less often. This obviously changes if you have tom pay someone to change them for you, in which case it might be more efficient getting longer lasting plugs, as the labour would cost the difference.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got an R33 GTS and ive got iridiums in it they're NGK BKR5EIX-11 but your looking at around $120 for a set, if you're still looking for the right ones.

Hi guys,

anyone know what plugs i should use in my V35 250GT, VQ25DD engine n/a,

thanks Richard

NGK LFR5AIX-11 Iridiums

NGK list this plug as a direct replacement on the VQ25DD and VQ35DE.