SAU Community

The Dr Rebuild Has Begun

Ghostrider

Since owning this car, I have had it to the tuners for some quick rework to get it going.

The air con (compressor, condensor, drier, piping etc etc) was removed, Mines ECU removed, Sump & Oil pickup replaced as the items fitted looked like they had a head on with Oolaroo. Pod filter was relocated to under the n/s/f guard (yes I know all about the dust issue when going bush, but I have 6 of various types) and the ECU replaced with an a/mkt Adaptronics unit.

Cheers, D

post-2962-1263013975_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1263014096_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1263014167_thumb.jpg

Now new brakes have been fitted to the rear, (Bendix Race Road Track) 8" wheels with 245/45 x 16 semi slicks, have welded the rust in the spare wheel well & both front strut towers. Replaced the tail lights with Aussie delivered S2 MR30 style, to save possible damage to a set of JDM hotplates.

Cheers, D

post-2962-1263014506_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1263014591_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1263014667_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1263014767_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1263014791_thumb.jpg

post-2962-1263014826_thumb.jpg

The plans!

New custom designed front & rear sway bars and springs on JIC Coilovers on all 4 corners, BNR32 GTR front brakes, Upgrade turbo from Billet turbo in Queensland, 14mm O'ring fuel rail & 770cc injectors to go with E85. Repositioning the half cage and drivers seat so that my fat ass will fit better. SAAS reclineable or fixed race seat & Willans 3" 6 point harness.

And then see how it goes from there.

After the panel repairs have been done, I'm at a loss as to what colour I should paint the front, as o/s door, o/s/f guard & bonnet will be replaced, I'm going to paint everything from doors forward.

Any suggestions?????

Yellow for exact opposite contrast, Red or Blue or what???????? as it will probably be too hard to match the purple accurately.

Cheers, D

1220760447.jpg

white bro.. white... :)

Good luck with it though man, its all about personal preference.. personally i think a white car with black/dark coloured TE37's looks amazing.. youv already got the dark wheels so it will be an easy change... howeverits all upto you.. make your car loook the way YOU want, then just tell other people that dont like it to get fcuked.. :)

either way keep us updated bro, looks to be a good starting point...

Edited by iadore4door34s

1220760447.jpg

white bro.. white... :)

Good luck with it though man, its all about personal preference.. personally i think a white car with black/dark coloured TE37's looks amazing.. youv already got the dark wheels so it will be an easy change... howeverits all upto you.. make your car loook the way YOU want, then just tell other people that dont like it to get fcuked.. :)

either way keep us updated bro, looks to be a good starting point...

I already have an KHR30 that's 002 white/028 grey, but all white looks very bland in the flesh, as I have seen quite a few.

Cheers, D

• 2 weeks later...

I had an Alfa go past me the other day, on my way home from up the coast and it was a very bright golden yellow (not portorecan gold), so I think it's going to be this & purple. A stark contrast I know, but very showy lol

Cheers, D

• 1 month later...

I have always been a fan of DR30's, (Ironmask only). Now that I have one of my own, even a bigger fan. I love the white, it's a very cool colour.

Most of the DR's I have seen on here have strut braces, yet mine doesn't have one? And mine is a little bit unique.

dr30-1.jpg

Anyone know where I can get some tail lights, you got some D?

Mrs Cazz...

VERY jealous.

the hotplate tail lights are very hard to find in a condition to suit your epic DR, they do pop up on yaho auctions in japland, perhaps contact import monster. the do also cost an arm anda leg, i have seen ppl pay up to $400 for a good set!

i guess they are the equivalent of the 'projectors' that you R31 lovers jump on over at r31forum...

Would you consider making a separat intro thread to introduce this beast to the rest of it?? i can see its NOT the strongarm bastardisation model... phew!

I probably should make a thread about the car, and the drama's we had getting it to Phillip Island in time for the Historics.

I can't tell you what a buzz it is to have this car, and to be able to look at it every day.

Gavin's is a nice car, and sounds fantastic. He didn't modify it though, it was like that when he got it. He is currently in the process of bringing it back, and hopefully it will begin to make some appearances.

Which section should I start my thread in Mag86? Any Clues?

Just start new topic on the classic skylines main page and we can drool from there!

Gavins car is still a ripper to me, really needed some TLC to get it back to 'original' state

sorry for the rambling, im vegetated for a few days from major surgery