SAU Community

First Skyline

Kenna802

Hi all,

I have just bought a gts/t series 2 1997 skyline automatic and am wondering what can i do to give it some more go. It already has a nismo sports pipe on the back and sounds great. also i just installed a turbo timer to give it some care and attention. I am not after extreme mods but would like to maybe run a bit more boost and better air intake and maybe some type of chip????? any help would be great thank you

Hi all,

I have just bought a gts/t series 2 1997 skyline automatic and am wondering what can i do to give it some more go. It already has a nismo sports pipe on the back and sounds great. also i just installed a turbo timer to give it some care and attention. I am not after extreme mods but would like to maybe run a bit more boost and better air intake and maybe some type of chip????? any help would be great thank you

get rid of the auto :banana:. Nah just kidding (Although i am an auto hater) best bet if you want to up boost is to upgrade intercooler, full turbo back exhaust and a boost controller. If you were to go aftermarket computer i'd recommend getting a better turbo and injectors as well but that would be my personal choice an aftermarket computer/tune will make best use of the mods you do that's for sure

Welcome.. Pod filter after turbo back exhaust to get a nice noise from the engine bay.. Adds a lil more power to it to as ur car will breathe better too..then I think a boost controller would be ur next step (just don't boost over 12psi ) assuming u have a stocko turbo.. Them if u want an after market engin management , I reccommend an apexi power fc.. Defectable item though.. But for now just get a pod filter, it's awesome ull love it.. Ohh and don't forget a front mount(gives u bit more hp too) when u get a cooler, just do some research on it first cuz depending which state ur from, if u don't get it engineered properly (for example ; in Vic if u get one where u need to cut holes it is defectable).. Anyway enjoy and if u have any question in the future just ask cuz everyone here is more then happy to help.. Have fun!

Just wondering is there any other things i can do. I just wondering as i dont know much about these cars. I was thinking of putting a hi flow air filter ( k an N maybe unless u recommend a better one ) I got told to change the dump pipe for better boast but i am unsure what that is and if it does help. If after u do a few mods can u just get your computer reprogrammed or can u just put a piggyback chip in instaed of a after market computer?

There's plenty to do to ur car to improve performance obviously. It all depends on ur budget and how many kws u want to get out of it..

The best thing to do is go to a meetup or cruze in ur state with other SAU members and have a chat with them and ask them what they've done to their cars..

Which state r u from? Check out the events calendar too..

Thank you for the good replies. I live in Queensland, kingaroy . thanks all as for the mods the car is going off the road late Jan and would like to do a bit of work to it. I still cant believe how ahead of there time these cars were !!

Dont need a controller....just get a Rb20det actuator and run 10-12psi depending on what other mods were done ie. exhaust and intake

By that time u'll be hitting R&R so u will need at least a safc2,and some time to read some more threads trying to understand wtf is R&R.....rich and retard