SAU Community

Dyno @ Hyperdrive

KEN-R34

Ken - My brother's R33 made 466rwhp on 20psi with an externally gated GT35R.

Basically he had bolt on mods - hks cams, hks exhaust mani, greddy copy intake plenum, xf falcon throttle body, external gate, custom exhaust system, standard pistons, rods, rings, crank etc, standard rb25 gearbox and standard rb25 diff.

That motor is still going today, 5years after it was built and it has never had one single problem.

RB25's are good for 500rwhp on stock internals, trust me.

You will make 400 easy on your 34.

Going for 400+ RB25 with stock internals is a bit risky but then again depends how you drive it.

Your 34 is a track car right? Your going to give it a good thrash most of the time ;)

How man ks has your neo done?

I would like to know how long your engine lasts with 400 usage on the track.

Don't mean that in a bad way at all.... could last a very long time who knows.

Neo in the 31 has done 20oddks since install 3 yrs ago and its seen it all from drift , drags to tarmac events . cant realy say " yea made 450hp n lasted me 2 yrs " when in fact it only done 1000ks at track . With Andrew tuning the car i know we will last the distance .. current Neo has copped massive limiter abuse and still runs strong

Only thing raped harder then my 31 is SkyRyan butt :D

Ken - My brother's R33 made 466rwhp on 20psi with an externally gated GT35R.

Basically he had bolt on mods - hks cams, hks exhaust mani, greddy copy intake plenum, xf falcon throttle body, external gate, custom exhaust system, standard pistons, rods, rings, crank etc, standard rb25 gearbox and standard rb25 diff.

That motor is still going today, 5years after it was built and it has never had one single problem.

RB25's are good for 500rwhp on stock internals, trust me.

That is the shit I like to hear! :D

• 2 years later...

Thread revival:

Some nice results there. I'm getting my GTR tuned there next month for my new setup. Switching out from N1's to 2860-5's. They said I'll probably only get 400-450HP atw with my setup. But my engines been rebuilt with forged internals, larger Cams and all the supporting fuel mods and PFC DJetro to tune it with.

From what I've read in this thread is that this dyno gives fairly modest readings for HP output is that right? I was really hoping to break into the 500hp atw at least!

Thread revival:

Some nice results there. I'm getting my GTR tuned there next month for my new setup. Switching out from N1's to 2860-5's. They said I'll probably only get 400-450HP atw with my setup. But my engines been rebuilt with forged internals, larger Cams and all the supporting fuel mods and PFC DJetro to tune it with.

From what I've read in this thread is that this dyno gives fairly modest readings for HP output is that right? I was really hoping to break into the 500hp atw at least!

I wish you luck. I have/had similar set up and to say the tune from said was disappointing is an understatement. 6 psi more boost, same max hp and torque and massive loss of mid-range over original tune. Maybe just a bad day.

Keen to hear how you go.

GL

hmm well that's no good. Was this the same dyno that you had your previous setup tuned on?

Was just thinking because readouts between two different dyno's can't really be compared to eachother, in fact a lot of people say that's still the case even between two runs on the same dyno.

How did your car drive after the tune? i could imagine it'd be slightly laggier, but overall did it feel any faster?

hmm well that's no good. Was this the same dyno that you had your previous setup tuned on?

Was just thinking because readouts between two different dyno's can't really be compared to eachother, in fact a lot of people say that's still the case even between two runs on the same dyno.

How did your car drive after the tune? i could imagine it'd be slightly laggier, but overall did it feel any faster?

Ran a base line with original tune first

Driving - Not well. Dyno sheet only proved what you could feel from behind the wheel. Lost a lot of mid range - went from a fat convex curve to a hollow curve all through the mid range. I was expecting the sort of numbers you are chasing and ended up well short - and it drives like it.

There were some boost control issues with the EBC but a manual T should still hold up. Again it could have been a bad day....?

So disappointed I am retiring that setup and spending $$$ on a new engine package and EMS. If this doesn't deliver I give up. This time the tune and set up is being done on an engine dyno for pump and blended fuel.

GL

Edited by WRRR