SAU Community

R34 Air Box Stuff Up

can anyone offer advice on where i should be looking to fix up my stuffup

i decided to give my r34 gtt a wash under the engine bay, on 3 occassions i started the motor and sh ran nice.

after shamming up the excess water, i moved to the snorkal, airbox and filter.

whilst this was off i started the engine to move the car a meter or so and wammm, the air and fuel mixture is off , rough idle, and crap performance.

i tried a ecu reset and now i have the traction light / engine light permenantly on ?????????

any help is worth something

Do/check all these things

make sure your air flow meter (which is a cylinder attached to the airbox and has mesh on both sides) is completely dry(let it sit in the sun for a bit?/hairdryer?), or that you haven't blown any dirt onto it's sensor as that would cause problems too...

Check that the plug/wires to it aswell to make sure they havent come loose..

Check you havent gotten some water in some cracks/all the pipes are well connected and sealed.

you said "i moved to the snorkal, airbox and filter" and then you started the car... did you have the airflow meter connected? if not, thats your issue as you car has no idea how much air it is sucking in...

also, when you did the ecu reset, was everything back in place and are you sure you did it properly? (im not sure how to do it as I have an aftermarket ecu, but just making sure)

gl with it.

Adam

hey thanks for that info,

the ecu reset was done again and this time around i got results my air flow meter sorted itself out. ( air/fuel mixtures are good )

my bad for now my TCS and SLIP light are on, wont go away. test drove her and the tractions is not working ?

is it a simply sensor or do i need to take it in to an auto electrician ?