SAU Community

Registering And Engineering Car With A Rb30

floydrose

Hi everyone

I have recently been planning up a project. I am thinking of building a r32gts, or a s14 with a RB30DET.

Before i jump into it and spend money, I am interested to know if there is any troubles with registering and engineering the RB30 in a 32 or s14. I hear that you cannot put a motor in a car if it was manufactured before the car was. This is probably false because plenty of people are running this conversion on SAU.

So could anyone please give me some information on what the regulations are for doing this build if it is possible at all. I am going to see a engineer shortly about the build, but i am just interested in doing abit of light research before hand.

Thanks.

Hi everyone

I have recently been planning up a project. I am thinking of building a r32gts, or a s14 with a RB30DET.

Before i jump into it and spend money, I am interested to know if there is any troubles with registering and engineering the RB30 in a 32 or s14. I hear that you cannot put a motor in a car if it was manufactured before the car was. This is probably false because plenty of people are running this conversion on SAU.

So could anyone please give me some information on what the regulations are for doing this build if it is possible at all. I am going to see a engineer shortly about the build, but i am just interested in doing abit of light research before hand.

Thanks.

Dude, use the search feature, this has been covered countless times.:)

Yes - please search.

As you are NSW - the thread by "Guilt-Toy" will answer ALL your questions.

There is also another thread in this section separate to it (with similar information).

If you just put in "engineer" and similar words, should take 5mins to find it - they are long and detailed threads

Cheers