SAU Community

Some Of My Winton Videos Finally On Youtube

Thanks guys, yeah thats correct. HKS25/40 on about 18psi making 262rwkw. Id like another 20 or so to really punish 3rd gear though...

1) obtain 2 x20lt jerry cans

2) drive to hoppers crossing united

3) fill said jerry's with E85

4) continue driving to campbellfield

5) hand car and keys to rob and danny @ creatd

6) watch car on dyno making 300rwkw

7) punish 3rd

just realised it says your first time in the vid description, was it your first time out drifting at winton, or in a legal environment in general?

nice save on that big tank slapper at the end of the first vid too

just realised it says your first time in the vid description, was it your first time out drifting at winton, or in a legal environment in general?

nice save on that big tank slapper at the end of the first vid too

Well it was my 3rd time on a track in general. Before that i did the drift beginners day at sandown and before that i took my decently setup VN wagon to Calder on one of those Wednesday drift nights...

lol yeah pretty full on toward the end of the straight...

Im bl**** BURNING that my camera died towards the end of the day at Winton. Cos toward the end of the day i built the courage to use 3rd gear through the 'S' bends & down the whole straight and its not on camera! Some serious, scary speed is gained down that straight in 3rd... :P

Edited by Dean_HR31

• 2 weeks later...

lol yeah the vn was fun... LOTSA fun!

Had shortened pedders sports rider shocks all round, custom 600 pound springs, white rear sway bar & front strut brace, nolathane bushes, manual 5spd 3.8ltr, mini spool with 4:11s, exhaust, bucket seat, 17inch BBS's and thats about it!

Had no dramas torching 2nd & 3rd gear at calder lol.

sweet, car sound nice too but it sounds like your in the wrong gear, maybe 2nd? bump up to third through the esses and slot into 4th coming onto the straights, it will extend your munji's (short) into oh-munjis (longer).

sweet, car sound nice too but it sounds like your in the wrong gear, maybe 2nd? bump up to third through the esses and slot into 4th coming onto the straights, it will extend your munji's (short) into oh-munjis (longer).

Yes definately not the right gear... it was my first time on a track with that car (besides the sandown drift training day) so I was a little scared of 3rd to be honest! But that was only for the 1st half of the day untill i built up the courage in the afternoon! Was about 9799800 times longer/better/smoother/faster.

Ive been practising 3rd gear a fair bit so i definately wont be using 2nd again at the next track day... :thumbsup:

Edited by Dean_HR31