SAU Community

Goodbye Stagea World

stagman

So as the title suggests... I have had to say goodbye to the stagea world... as on Monday of last week this happened...post-64549-1265875664_thumb.jpg.

Now the quote for repair was 17.1 grand. So whilst insured for 17.350...it got written off and tomorrow will be making it's way to some auction yard as I have elected to not buy it back

Nothing better then a lady running a red light at 90km an hour to hit you on a casual cruise home :stupid: . Anyway, props to the stagea...I hardly felt the incident and her car left the scene looking like a cube...without an air bag going off. Mind you, nor did mine.

.................In other news. I have put down a deposit on another stagea, which arrived in the country two days ago apparently. It is located at Nagoya motors..http://www.nagoyamotors.com.au/zoom.php?id=905. I have got an inspection set down for Monday were some guys will be giving it the once over. If anybody on the forum who lives near by could check it out for me and let me know off any minor issues, that too would be most appreciated.

Hopefully within the next two- three weeks I'll once again have a stagea sitting in my garage. It was too hard to say goodbye to such a practical and comfortable car so soon after importing one.

Got-a-run so good-day to you all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Thats terrible Scott, and 17.1g to fix :O Glad your ok though mate, where was the accident? That black S2 does look pretty clean, straight into another stagea :P good stuff lol Edited by QWK32

Yeah personally I think the body shop was attempting to rip JUST CAR a new one, thus the 17.1 grand. It happened on the corner of panorama drive and boundry road in thornlands. I was turning right from boundry road onto panoroma..and BANG.

Hopeing this car checks out alright. Seems like a very good advertised price( Almost too good) + free dilevery to brisbane. Ill have to wait till monday afternoon to find out what the deal is with the inspection and go from there.

Hey man, sucks about the accident but like others have said, main thing is that you are ok.

I'm actually staying with my parents for a few days, and am 20 minutes from Nagoya, I bought my stag from there, and my old man got his V35 from there as well. I'll stop by there tomorrow and see if I can check it out.

Hey man, sucks about the accident but like others have said, main thing is that you are ok.

I'm actually staying with my parents for a few days, and am 20 minutes from Nagoya, I bought my stag from there, and my old man got his V35 from there as well. I'll stop by there tomorrow and see if I can check it out.

You legend mate!

Did you have any trouble in dealing with them may i ask? Iv read fairly mixed reviews about them, most being good however.

You legend mate!

Did you have any trouble in dealing with them may i ask? Iv read fairly mixed reviews about them, most being good however.

My only real issue with them was some bs they told me about a warranty. My stagea was a traded in car, rather than being a fresh import, and there is no warranty on traded in vehicles. However, they assured me that they would make an exception for me, and all that. When it came to signing the contract, it was stated clearly that there was no warranty, I asked them about it and they denied ever saying I would have one. Not that it really matters, cause the warranty they offer isnt that good anyway from what I have heard.

In terms of the cars themselves, I haven't had any problems with mine and my dad hasn't had any problems with his V either, and the majority of the cars I have seen there look pretty good.

Ah okay interesting. I guess with an import it doesn't matter if you import it yourself or buy from a dealer you have to take it at face value.

Haha, yeah i thought about that but only one of the globes was salvagable and it was so hot in the sun i couldn't be arsed. Same with the HEADUNIT which i possible could of sold back to japan for a few hundred. I did take the floormats though as there often hard to come by, even though there not stock ones. Thought about the grill aswell, but it's locking peices had snapped off in the accident. So yeah if anyone wants a decent parts car.... keep an eye on pickles. Engine has about 125000km on it. Not the 24 or whatever the speedo sais :P.

17.5 k sounds a lot to fix that..mine is in the panel shop now 2 doors front guard and rear quarter getting repaired 4.5k plus pearl paint..Cant wait to get mine back hopefully in a few days.Been stuck with a name brand aussie loan car (falcon)

good to see you sticking to the double unicorn and are purchasing another one.the black one looks nice,there is a yellow one on ebay too but dont i like the rear wing you could salvage yours and put it on that car.Anyway good luck

ahh man, that's rough :) glad to see that you've got another one in the pipes though!!! :P

just out of curiosity, was the woman a bit shy of 6 foot, white/grey hair, with glasses? about 50's? sour old bitch also, what was she driving?

Haha yeah, the main thing is we both walked away unharmed. Just the ego was damaged. Hmm josh, the woman was about late twenties to mid thirties.. definitely wasn't sour either. She was driving a 03 holden barina, which looked like a Nissan cube after the accident.

Haha yeah, the main thing is we both walked away unharmed. Just the ego was damaged. Hmm josh, the woman was about late twenties to mid thirties.. definitely wasn't sour either. She was driving a 03 holden barina, which looked like a Nissan cube after the accident.

So you actually improved her car, turbing it form a holden to a nissan. :sick:

TJ - Any pics of the r34 front from IM

I don't do facebook