SAU Community

Shell V-power Vs Bp Ultimate...

Same shit really TBH.

Each fuel is slightly different, but at the end of the day, it's from a pump.

It's not stringently regulated when compared to a dedicated fuel... I think only one manufacturer out of the big 3 actually give a promise their fuel will 100% be 98 all the time.

So whatever is cheapest mate. I use all 3.

BP, Mobile, Shell. Never had any issues with mixed, varying tanks and so on.

i've heard from somewhere shell v-power can go off sitting in the underground tanks which make it unrealiable to use, although if you think about it whats to say the others cant do that.. Could always try and find a United that has 100 octane fuel. I've only come across 1 place since i've had my skyline.

the fuel pick up us about 8 inches off the bottom of the tank . the only true thing is dont buy fuel if you see the tanker has just filled the tanks up yeah there is filters and shit but its not the point . in nz well the south island any way we have bp ultimate and everything else is only 95 . the 98 is superior even notice it in the gf mirage

It was tested on fifth gear (the gay little brother of top gear)

Cars were dyno tested running different fuels, Bp ultimate,V-power and independent servo 98 octane

The BP and Vpower both showed an increase in KW at the rear wheels but the V power made more

It only made a noticable difference in high performance cars, they used a WRX STi and as i remember i think it made about another 10-12kw atw with v-power vs about 8kw with the bp.

Edited by Gough R34 GT-T

so hang on, the tests showed that one fuel made more than another

well wouldnt that mean the fuel had less octane count ?

less fuel = higher ratio = more power?

i mean if you put bog stock 98ron in a car and dyno it

change nothing

put 100ron in a car and dyno it

i wouldn't expect a magical power increase

is my lateral thinking not correct?

It was tested on fifth gear (the gay little brother of top gear)

Cars were dyno tested running different fuels, Bp ultimate,V-power and independent servo 98 octane

The BP and Vpower both showed an increase in KW at the rear wheels but the V power made more

It only made a noticable difference in high performance cars, they used a WRX STi and as i remember i think it made about another 10-12kw atw with v-power vs about 8kw with the bp.

To correct a mistake, the increases are in Hp not Kw.

the only true thing is dont buy fuel if you see the tanker has just filled the tanks up yeah there is filters and shit but its not the point .

Thanks guys for all of the replies. Just wanted to follow up on this one though, why is it bad to fuel up if you see the tanker truck has just filled the tanks up? I thought it would be even better because its newer fuel from the truck?? :)