SAU Community

No Limits Track Nights

tricstar

not sure if everyone on here is aware of the No Limits track nights. Its held on the short track under lights, you get heaps of laps and heaps of fun.. They tape a lap timer to your car and noramlly ( when there is enough numbers ) there is a screen with live lap times ( leader board ) so you can see how your going..you also get a print out of your times at the end of the night,

it not uncommon to do 30-35 timed laps in an evening, with each time you out you do 1 warm up lap , 3 timed laps and 1 cooldown lap, so bang for buck its great value..

Anyway these events are stuggling for numbers, and it would be a shame if they stopping them due to lack of support.. check the ( No Limits ) website for info, its easy to join, would be good to see more Skylines out there....

forgot to say this is at Barbagallos

Edited by tricstar

Also, how keen are you on people new to the track? I'm pretty keen but a bit wary of turning up places where I'm expected to be a driving wizard or something?

They welcome new people. No one is expecting Ayrton Senna to turn up. Half the point of the excercise is to go & learn.

good to see some interest ..... yeah its good bunch of people up there, lots of different types of cars and varying levels of experience.. they have instuctors etc and the guys that know what they are doing, I have found to be very helpfull ....Its held every month, nomally last thursday of every month.....

and its good to see most of the fastest cars are Skylines ( GTR's )

Event is on Thursday,

Be there by 1715 for registration and sign up... Approx $185

CAMS S2 Licence and all other documents will be taken care of on the night...

Note the first night costs are greater as you have to join No Limits itself to get your CAMS Licence.

Very worthwhile guys.....

cheers mike, abit too soon so might give the next one a go, btw is the est $185 inclusive of the cams S2? what do u need to get 1?

sorry but have been here long so dis cams thing is new to me.

To enter most motokhanas, sprint events, hillclimbs etc you need a level 2S cams licence. See www.cams.com.au

To get that licence you need a car club membership (which No Limits can do for you) and to fill out some forms.

No limits can set you up with a temporary licence on the night (If its a once off) or for the year.

The No limits events are a good way to get an instructor in the car with you to help explain how to get around the circuit and also to get a good number of laps in with timing which can otherwise be pretty difficult. Highly recommend them.

cheers mike, abit too soon so might give the next one a go, btw is the est $185 inclusive of the cams S2? what do u need to get 1?

sorry but have been here long so dis cams thing is new to me.

you will find all the info you need here. www.nolimitevents.com

Dead keen on coming to the one in March. Would be good if a few other new track people could come to so I'm not the only new one. Been wanting to get into track days for a long time.

So as far as licencing goes, No Limits will take care of it all once you get there? But what's the go with car requirements? Eg, Do you need a cage, fire extinguisher etc...