SAU Community

Two.06l Final Event At Compak Attak

Swiper the Fox

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

date has being booked in. ive always wanted to see this car run. It will be a shame to see you forced out of drag racing this way even my boss have not raced for over a year and has had his ute up for sale for this reason aswell. Goodluck in your new project.

Hey mate good to see that you have come to your senses and are going to come circuit racing :thumbsup:. Best of luck with the last meet i hope it all comes together for you after all the work and effort that has gone into it.

Hey mate good to see that you have come to your senses and are going to come circuit racing :thumbsup: . Best of luck with the last meet i hope it all comes together for you after all the work and effort that has gone into it.

Mate i cannot thank you enough for your kind and selfless assistance during my stay in QLD...when things needed to happen your can-do additude was refreshing.

Im moving up to the Goldie...we are joining forces and going to build cars of real quality.

EDIT: nah bugger that...ive got kids in school, you move here...the commercial rent is better value too.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Damn mate hope all goes well for the last hurrah,

I feel even more guilty now bout not getting back to you bout that ATI balancer swap

Those that run drag racing in this country really need to wake up before they drive all the new guys out

bunch of holden 1 tonners with chevs n cages aint half as interesting

or RELEVANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn mate hope all goes well for the last hurrah,

I feel even more guilty now bout not getting back to you bout that ATI balancer swap

Those that run drag racing in this country really need to wake up before they drive all the new guys out

bunch of holden 1 tonners with chevs n cages aint half as interesting

or RELEVANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Precisely

When Sport Compact was folded they lumped us all in the same class called Super Compact...street cars, tubbed rotors, tube framed pro cars...the lot. It would have made much more sense to split it down the middle and run Super Compact for slick tyred dedicated race cars and another called Street Compact for the road registered radial tyred cars. A lot of guys are not interested in running Super Sedan against V8 auto's etc and are a bit aprehensive about lining up against pro cars running 6.50's at 220+ MPH so they simply are not racing at events and are running at wednesday night street meets. ANDRA wake up to what is happening...Ray Box's events are packed with entrants...while the entries at the latest ANDRA Summernationals were poor. You simply cannot can a series with 8 classes and dump them all in together and expect it to work.

Qeensland is a pretty inviting place though mate especially the gold coast !!! .

2nd that!!!

So there will be 2 silver 32's driving from the gold coast to Timeattack each month!

Be good to meet you Paul, there is always a decent size group that meet up

for coffee at bp coomera before each meet! The more the Merrier!

and btw Daz, where were you on feb 11? i saw your name on the running list

but couldnt remember seeing you on the day?

Paul, given how sucessful and consistent your car was with Jim and the boys at CRD it makes good sense to give them an opportunity with the current bigger set-up. The last couple of years has been frustrating to watch with only the 9.4 pass at Jamboree last year seeing it showing some of its true potential. Im sure that Croydon will get the car prepped in tip top shape for the final event and im sure your efforts with the car will finally reap rewards.

see you guys at the track...good luck twoogle :(

Its a real shame that the car has to end like this. I for one really enjoyed reading about this car in magazines and seeing it in real life as well as pics plastered all over the internet. I wish you the best of luck in your last outing, I might even come down to Sydney to watch, as I have a friend who is racing his drag s14 down there.

Car is now in the hands of Jim Souvas and the team at CRD who have plans for it. He has said a little but likes to not give too much away. His complete understanding of how the car likes to be set-up will be invaluable. Very happy he and the rest of the guys at Croydon are keen to be involved again...thanks Jim. (congrats Josh on the new arrival)

Hope to have it ready for testing at a private test day at Sydney Dragway in mid March...then all guns blazing at Compak Attak.

Will be a fitting farewell if we manage to run some quick times....8.95 is the target.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Best of luck mate, are you going to run with full interior,dot's etc or get some weight out to go for the 8?

Rob

Thanks Rob,

Will be running full trim when testing...but will be light for the event on the 28th. I always run street radials on the car and not planning to run anything different at this late stage.

Next time im over in NZ Rob ill give you a call and catch up for a few...as long as the dog is behaving and fed before i arrive :cheers:

Edited by DiRTgarage