SAU Community

Two.06l Final Event At Compak Attak

Swiper the Fox

This will be the final event for the car before its disassembled. The body is going to a new home and the driveline is up for sale. Bit sad to see it go this way but no-one was interested in buying the whole car and racing it. The sport is a bit difficult now for a car of this build since the Sport Compact series was folded and there is no class where a 4WD manual car can compete competitively unless its running low 8's or high 7's. Couple that with ANDRA's stand on making the sport expensive by not allowing competitors to run cheaper fuels etc has forced our hand.

I sincerely like to thank all those people who has been tremendous supporters of the car over the years as well as Croydon Racing Developments and Godzilla Motorsport who have been involved with tuning etc.

A few little gremlins have been holding the car back but since bringing the car home from QLD they have been all sorted. The final event should see the car run the times ive always known its been capable of given a good clean pass.

hope to see you at the track, thank you and farewell.

Paul and Stacey.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll hopefully be there. Maybe if I knock you around the head enough times with some Jun cams you'll change your mind :blink:

thought about entering it in THE WORLD TIME ATTACK CHALLENGE?!?!?!?! Or Superlap as it's known. Or has it gone past the point of no return as a track/drag car?

I'll hopefully be there. Maybe if I knock you around the head enough times with some Jun cams you'll change your mind :blink:

thought about entering it in THE WORLD TIME ATTACK CHALLENGE?!?!?!?! Or Superlap as it's known. Or has it gone past the point of no return as a track/drag car?

im building another car...but it will be something a little more street oriented. The car is actually owned by Stacey and she really has missed the ability to just jump in and drive it around on the street without the fear of Mr Plod throwing the book at her. The shell im sure will be at Superlap next year as the new owner is involved in circuit racing...as well as my new project im starting very soon. Drag racing bores the crapper out of me...i need to spend more time in a car at an event...instead of sitting around all day. The sport is run by knuckle-draggers stuck in the dark ages and the rules are written to suit the big hitters of the sport with little regard for the grass roots guys. There was little to no point continuing on running ET's and being knocked out 1st round in a slow car when the class is based on a National fixed index system. My last race in QLD had me lined up against a 5.9 sec alcohol dragster...thats crazy...one accident will have someone badly injured or killed if those sort of classes continue to exist. There is only 2 Sport Compact events per year to race the car and owning a car that see's the track twice a year (with one of those events requiring the car to be freighted interstate) was in our view simply unsustainable.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Nooooooooo!!!!!

You must be sad to see her go. son of rajab knows I could never sell my GTR.... even after 5 years of seperation.

...btw dont kid yourself, you'll be chasing low mount records in Stacy's car soon enough.

again!

Cheers

Justin

Edited by XRATED

sad to hear paul as its truly awesome.. kudos to you for building a circuit/street car.. will be interesting to see where your modification limits are set and how far you can push them :blink:

8 sec is just not long enough to spend in car with that much time and effort put into it..

Nooooooooo!!!!!

You must be sad to see her go. son of rajab knows I could never sell my GTR.... even after 5 years of seperation.

...btw dont kid yourself, you'll be chasing low mount records in Stacy's car soon enough.

again!

Cheers

Justin

Ill be handing my UDL (unlimited drag licence) in at the conclusion of this event.

CAMS licence is what a GTR driver really needs.

Linton, the car will appear to be totally stock...and even sound stock. But wont be :blink:. The authorities and public's tolerance for loud obtrusive modified cars is quickly diminishing...i will be building the new car how things have to be done in order to totally enjoy them. No more nervous trips into town after dark etc...a car that will blend in on the street...but stand out on the racetrack.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Paul this is sad to hear!

I will be racing at compak attak so i will see you there. Hopefully we can both crank out some serious times. It would be nice to see your car run a 9.0 or even an 8 sec pass cause trust me i know how much money and time goes into a car of that calibre.

Good luck with it mate

Paul

Paul this is sad to hear!

I will be racing at compak attak so i will see you there. Hopefully we can both crank out some serious times. It would be nice to see your car run a 9.0 or even an 8 sec pass cause trust me i know how much money and time goes into a car of that calibre.

Good luck with it mate

Paul

you have pm

Ill be handing my UDL (unlimited drag licence) in at the conclusion of this event.

Linton, the car will appear to be totally stock...and even sound stock. But wont be :blink:. The authorities and public's tolerance for loud obtrusive modified cars is quickly diminishing...i will be building the new car how things have to be done in order to totally enjoy them. No more nervous trips into town after dark etc...a car that will blend in on the street...but stand out on the racetrack.

That's easy fixed.... just move to Tassie.

Big pipes, big wheels, big HP... just no bald tyres ha ha ha.

I love Tassie... "But officer... it's a big blue scuba diving bottle!"

J.

Well best of luck with the last outing. It is a crazily neat race car....be interesting to throw that setup into a shitter GTSt with smaller turbos :blink:

Good to see you coming over to the circuitl stuff...only i hope you dont continue to be a mug AWD punter :cool:

lines dont drive without engines.

sorry i should have said engine combo...its only the gearbox i require for the new car.

5 speed dogbox with load-sensored ignition cut for flatshifts will be handy for the circuit. :blink:

The engine combo will be freshened and shrink wrapped soon after the event if no buyer is keen. May pull it out in a few years and stuff it into a gutted S13 3/4 chassis car for shits and giggles. 1100hp and 1100kg...id say it would be more shits than giggles.

Ive approached Croydon Racing to see if they are keen to prep the car for the last event...would be good to have the old crew back together at the cars last outing.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Linton, the car will appear to be totally stock...and even sound stock. But wont be :thumbsup:. The authorities and public's tolerance for loud obtrusive modified cars is quickly diminishing...i will be building the new car how things have to be done in order to totally enjoy them. No more nervous trips into town after dark etc...a car that will blend in on the street...but stand out on the racetrack.

Exactly the philosophy i have for my own gtr paul... 'walk quietly..and carry a very big stick'.

Actually sounds very similar as to why i chucked the towel in when it comes to drag racing...but will look forward to come and see this amazing machine at its last outing.