SAU Community

R32 Gts-t Guard Flaring

Hey everyone,

Lately I've been getting my car ready to get painted and been stuck on ideas for the rear gaurds. I have GTR front fenders and wanted to pump the rears aswell to enable me to fit 18x10's or wider.

I decided to flare the stock guards, and done it with a guard roller and it only lipped it a little. So i decided to use a piece of pipe... I have heard good and bad stories about flaring with pipe... and this story is 50/50 good/bad.

Here are some shots of what happened.....

basically the drivers side turned out VERY nice and then sadly the pasenger side exploded with bog, so now im destined for over fenders. It also cracked the steel right out. But I still recommend this is a good way of flaring r32 gaurds.

post-39806-1266398995_thumb.jpg

post-39806-1266399289_thumb.jpg

post-39806-1266399485_thumb.jpg

post-39806-1266399543_thumb.jpg

post-39806-1266399587_thumb.jpg

Can you explain how you bend it with the pipe?

Would I be right in thinking you use the tyre as leverage against the guard?

if thats how its done it sounds dodge at first but Im thinking about it now hahaha

haha kind of... you stick the pipe in at one end,,, and u roll the car backwardsand forwards, and it flares it. It will turn out 90% nice if u have no bog, u will need to bog and paint gaurds after its done if u dont want the slight ripple look... but look at my drivers side gaurd, it looks nice apart from a tiny bit of bog