SAU Community

Cracked Exhaust Manifold Makes Car Sound Like A V8?

MSTR32

Hey, my skyline has a cracked exhaust manifold and for ages its just been making weird noises but now it sounds like its a V8. Could it be that the exhaust manifold has cracked right through or is it something else? Bit worried as i only just had the ignition fixed.

Cheers.

Doean't a crack in the manifold make it backfire and sound really tough? Lol.

My mate had a Cressida, got a stupid 5" straight pipe through it... the manifold had a crack in it, so it backfired louder than gunshots. He went into the Marion undercover park one time and started revving the shit out of it... flames popping out and it sounded like bombs were exploding... then 2 undercover cops walked out and fined him for excessive noise hahaha.

But yeah, his was just a crack in the manifold... letting air in, making it backfire.

But it sounded so f**king tough hahah

do u have an aftermarket exaust manifold, if so is it stainless steel????

when i had my old xforce manifold it cracked around the welds (on 2 manifolds) leading up to the flange, could tell it was cracked coz i could hear a tikcing noise

it didnt make any difference to performance tho coz we still proceeded to dyno it and still pulled over 300

Doean't a crack in the manifold make it backfire and sound really tough? Lol.

My mate had a Cressida, got a stupid 5" straight pipe through it... the manifold had a crack in it, so it backfired louder than gunshots. He went into the Marion undercover park one time and started revving the shit out of it... flames popping out and it sounded like bombs were exploding... then 2 undercover cops walked out and fined him for excessive noise hahaha.

But yeah, his was just a crack in the manifold... letting air in, making it backfire.

But it sounded so f**king tough hahah

Damn that would of been fun in the carpark making banging noise lol

i had a cracked manifold when someone went up my bum and it sounds likea v8 but off and you will go through lots and lots and lots of fuel also it back fires both ends and extream loss of power when excelerating

also if you havent had damage to crack it then it could be the gasket as that will do the same things as if it was cracked

you can pick up a second hand one for not much at all

i had a cracked manifold when someone went up my bum and it sounds likea v8 but off and you will go through lots and lots and lots of fuel also it back fires both ends and extream loss of power when excelerating

also if you havent had damage to crack it then it could be the gasket as that will do the same things as if it was cracked

you can pick up a second hand one for not much at all

no shit? did u get it on tape perchance?

-D

LOL Kel, leaving the word "about" out of your question would be more accurate :P

Sorry, I couldn't resist Ben...........well, I'm not really sorry :(

hahaha and im glad ur not lols cause i wouldnt have it any other way

-D