SAU Community

R34 Air Bag Light. How Can I Ditch It?

EJD001

ive got 2 r34 gtt's. a 2 door and a 4. Both come with aftermarket steering wheels so the airbag lights are always on the blinking side of life. tried to read up a lil on how to terminate the annoying flashing, tried most of whats been posted on the forums including soldering a 2.7 ohm fuse to the wiring where the airbag used to be plugged into........ didnt work. does ANYONE know how this can be cured or do i have to see an autoelectician? :) cheers.

So you are saying you have not got driver airbags?? oww thats bad and very illegal.

So solutions.

1. Put the correct steering wheel in the car (best idea)

2. Remove cluster and then remove glob...

Good Luck..

So you are saying you have not got driver airbags?? oww thats bad and very illegal.

So solutions.

1. Put the correct steering wheel in the car (best idea)

2. Remove cluster and then remove glob...

Good Luck..

thanks for the concern, and whats a glob?? there is a LED in there.

Also both cars have been engineered with the aftermarket steering wheel.

Hope the cops don't catch you - boy that's illegal...

Its engineered pal.. and we have been pulled over many times by the cops and had no problems.

All we asked for is to turn the light off..

thanks for the concern, and whats a glob?? there is a LED in there.

Also both cars have been engineered with the aftermarket steering wheel.

Should be a globe - that's how it comes from the factory; If it's been changed over - it should still be in a globe-housing. Just remove it. If it's been completely soldered/changed into LED - pull out the soldering iron.

Its engineered pal.. and we have been pulled over many times by the cops and had no problems.

All we asked for is to turn the light off..

Dunno how it is in other states, but it's nearly impossible to engineer a car in South Australia to still comply with ADRs on a car that came from the factory with airbags (and was built to comply with ADR69, ie: Post 1996). I can't imagine it's that different elsewhere, but maybe you / your engineer has found a loophole (care to enlighten any of the rest of us?)

For reference:

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/person...port/info68.pdf

Anyway, good luck with it! It shouldn't be too hard to pull the globe/LED (Most people have to do it when they remove the HICAS).

Should be a globe - that's how it comes from the factory; If it's been changed over - it should still be in a globe-housing. Just remove it. If it's been completely soldered/changed into LED - pull out the soldering iron.

Dunno how it is in other states, but it's nearly impossible to engineer a car in South Australia to still comply with ADRs on a car that came from the factory with airbags (and was built to comply with ADR69, ie: Post 1996). I can't imagine it's that different elsewhere, but maybe you / your engineer has found a loophole (care to enlighten any of the rest of us?)

For reference:

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/person...port/info68.pdf

Anyway, good luck with it! It shouldn't be too hard to pull the globe/LED (Most people have to do it when they remove the HICAS).

bought my car with standard steering wheel removed, came with engineering cert from previous owner, states on the papers that standard airbag has been removed, been pulled over a few times since owning this vehicle, very nice police dudes asked to see the engineering certs, asked me bout the light but no defects yet... must be either doing something right or these papers are actualy usefull. i thought people are suppossed to be helpfull on here not give useless info like the first few ppl who have posted up on micks post. he asked help about a god damn airbag light, he didnt really need to hear that it was a defectable item....... because im sure everyone knows that already! ...... hey mick! i'll help you out man!!!! lol

did you try the trick with the door light switch?

Do a search on here, but basically you hold the door light switch in and turn on the ignition then press your door switch in and out 7 times before the airbag light starts to flash. Worked for me, common problem you sometimes get it with changing batteries as well.

But do a search first!!