SAU Community

Copy Greddy Plenum, Whos Got One? And Who Sells Them?

DriftSquad

been looking at the Greddy copy plenums.. iv had a read of a few topics and no one seems to say much bad about them?

question is anyone got one? did you notice any difference?

and duz anyone sell them on these forums?

cheers

I got one on my stagea recently (lots of other stuff at the same time). It is pretty good for the price but there are some things to watch out for like making sure the manifold surface is dead flat before you put it on. and some custom stuff needed like throttle body mounting and cable, aac mounting etc etc

pretty sure just jap sell them

Unknown quality of the metals used means porosity is a real issue to be aware of.

Mine was stripped back for some extensive finishing work, but got a heavy coat of epoxy enamel before installation.

The Chinese supplied it with a heavy coat of paint probably for the same reason.

myself and 2 others i know are using them, the chinese greddy ones, and they all had water leaks. my one leaked from the water gallery out of the manifold, the other 2 leaked into a port. both No2 runner i think. We all used some of that devcon stuff that my mate aquired from work and gave the water port between No1 and 2 a thin coating.

well, a guy who used to be mates with mafia from here had one on his rb25 and it had the same shit water jackets and leaking issues.

i have personally sold over 8 of them in the last 12 months and had no problems or comebacks. only issue i had was that they dont come with new rubbers for the injectors, but that was a quick trip down to the local nissan dealership.

honestly, they come up really good, and come polished on most surfaces.

only thing that is worth doing is maybe port matching and cleaning up some of the cast markings, as it is only a china one...

www.autotecnica.com have a geezer anyway.

i'm not going to plug the store i work for, as they dont pay advertising, but its pretty easy to work out who sells autotecnica anyway.