SAU Community

AFP announced NATS blitz starts today 7/1

There is an exit on the Federal Highway coming into Canberra a few km's before canberra labelled "Queanbeyan". You can turn off this exit (as its still in NSW) and come into Canberra via Queanbeyan (might add 30 minutes to your trip). There are no police at this exit (or there wasnt last night).

You could also turn off at the Bungendore exit, and come into Canberra through Bungendore. There are ways in, just might add 30 - 60 mins to your trip here.

Hope this helps ;)

Yep - Macs Reef Rd, - through to Bungendore then Qbyn---as you are coming down Fed Hwy from Goulburn the turn left into Macs Reef is about ?5 kms before border. If you go past Caltex and Eaglehawk then you have gone too far....

Not sure whether forums are being monitored though so advise to still take it easy

Also coming in at night might be easier than during daylight

Haven't heard anything yet on what Barton Highway is like

Suggestion for cars on trailors: remove rego stickers and number plates and if you get pulled over then tell the police that the car is not registered and is ony for shows/races, hence the trailer. Just make sure that the number plates aren't actually visiable in the tow vehicle, but well hidden from view.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the NSW police have their own inspection station before the Canberra border.

Man i Cant beleive that you can get defected for a car thats not on the road (on trailor). What if your building your car up and trailoring from workshop to workshop can a cop pull you over and defect you for whatever??

ps; I think aus police are really not winning over hearts and minds with in the car enthusiest community by pulling "STUNTS" like these , I remember they did this at Eastern Creek last year defecting ppl upon entry and exit of the event.

It's like NATS is the bait to Lure car enthusiests in and they see what they can hook, Now i dont condone dangerously modified car's and think they should be taken off the road as soon as possible but harrasement is harrasement .

I think the govt is trying to take a hard stand against the practice of vehicle modications because of the various social problems that it has been associated with over the years. Surely it does not imply that it is the root of the problems. But unfortunately that consensus is not shared by the majority of society