SAU Community

Advanced Driving Course Trackday #2

V35-2005

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three and a half weeks to go! Thanks to all those who have signed up so far. Despite the low numbers we will press on with staging the event.

However, there has been a disappointing response from across the forums for this sort of course so i don't think that we can justify putting it on again next year / the foreseeable future. We will still be offering the step up High Performance Course in November (twice yearly event) so it will be great to see people out at that one.

do you need to of done this course to go to the High Performance Course

preferably this or some other defensive driving course. will be fine if you've been out on the track before (open days / motorkhana events) or have lots of experience in the hills. Luke (heslo) can let u know what level of experience they want.

we just want to make sure that there are no complete noobs on the High Performance Course who will wipe the rest of us out by pulling some madd skidz at the wrong time - the HP course is less structured and aims to give u as much track time as possible for club sprint type of events

Yeah you'll be fine Steve, that being said, I think EVERYONE should do this course atleast once, there's some good basic principles on offer here that you take for granted and seem simple but put into practice make perfect sense!

I won't be pulling any intentional 'madd skidz' on the day, but if it's wet I wouldn't be surprised if some of us inexperienced drivers have a few spins we didn't mean to. I've found my skyline to be quite a handful in this weather compared to the cars I've owned previously!

Kim, what other cars have you got coming? Did you manage to get any interest from the Porsche and FPV clubs?

it was wet last year (i remember trudging through the mud across the circuit!) and i think that the rain made it more challenging on the day :)

in terms of other cars, the list will open to the other clubs as of tomorrow. the SA Supra Club will be fielding at least five cars for this. so at this stage, i have a few spots available

it was wet last year (i remember trudging through the mud across the circuit!) and i think that the rain made it more challenging on the day :)

in terms of other cars, the list will open to the other clubs as of tomorrow. the SA Supra Club will be fielding at least five cars for this. so at this stage, i have a few spots available

It was fantastic with the added condition of water on track. Definitely mixed up the day and kept it interesting!

Yeah alright, where are you coming from , north, south? How about meeting at Caltex Bolivar on Pt Wakefield rd 6:45am. Or meet at villies a little earlier for breaky. Up to yous

Edit: I don't think there are too many SAU people coming as no spectators allowd soooooo.....

Ok, Caltex it is then, out the back. I presume we have to be at Mallala at 8am so it will giva us enough time to get out there if we leave Caltex at 7 or just after. It's still another two weeks away so will confirm with you closer to the date. :blink: