SAU Community

Advanced Driving Course Trackday #2

V35-2005

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we bring extra fuel, tools, fluids etc like we did at the track day or what. Is there going to be sheds open?

it is a good idea Nick.....i remember at the last one people did pop off intercooler piping etc.....so just bring everything that you would bring at the normal track day....better be safe then sorry i guess :banana:

I might still be a chance of attending this, will get confirmation tomorrow. I have rung the John Bowie people and they said that I have till Friday to register. Fingers crossed!

norm stop being a little bitch and enter it :thumbsup: .....you know your car will be ready by then.....it is a wicked day all up mate :)

Oh I will enter it, I just need to transfer some funds to make it happen. Plan is to get the car on Friday, put the new tyres on on Saturday and be ready to go on Monday... well that's the plan anyway.

Oh I will enter it, I just need to transfer some funds to make it happen. Plan is to get the car on Friday, put the new tyres on on Saturday and be ready to go on Monday... well that's the plan anyway.

Good man!

Well I'm pissed off. Apparently the car that's supposed to be ready tomorrow is a different skyline, a V35. So I won't be coming on Monday after all. Grr!

Well I'm pissed off. Apparently the car that's supposed to be ready tomorrow is a different skyline, a V35. So I won't be coming on Monday after all. Grr!

sorry to hear that you can't make this :)

bloody V35 owners! (not mine!)

looks like it's just: Sparkys, GoAhead, niksta, Mark (heslo's mate), and maybe ev33.

Yeah I'm definitely still good to go!

Just want to throw something out there.......anyone got an R32 GTR drivers seat I could borrow for the day? I hit my head on the roof with the standard 32 GTS-T seats which I put up with for daily driving but may not be so good on the track :P

Normsta....what's wrong with taking a V35?

Yeah I'm definitely still good to go!

Just want to throw something out there.......anyone got an R32 GTR drivers seat I could borrow for the day? I hit my head on the roof with the standard 32 GTS-T seats which I put up with for daily driving but may not be so good on the track ;)

Normsta....what's wrong with taking a V35?

Other than the fact it isn't his... nothing :P

hi guys, I have booked Mallala out on Tuesday June 22 Monday June 21st for a trackday and need to know if there is enough interest here for another Advanced Driving Trackday course.

It will be the same format as the event i organised last year (August 25) and similar to the FPV Drive Days run by the John Bowe Driving team several times a year. (photos from Page 16).

Please reply here or PM me or Heslo in the next few week so that we can gauge the feasibility of such an event.

This is a great opportunity to learn about car control and driving techniques on a circuit if you haven't been out at Mallala (or on a real racetrack) with your car before. If you want to learn more about being on the track before doing a High Performance Driving Course (the next one will be in November) but don't want to go all out (unrestricted) around Mallala then this is a good course to do first.

I'm sure that Heslo, nightcrawler, writeoff, Joshdc, Moodles2, Hostile, typevu, and Krishy amongst those that participated last year will recommend this course to everyone here on SAU as an essential driving experience.

If you did do the August trackday last year, then a High Performance Driving Course like the ones i ran last November and last month would be the next recommended step. semislickR32 and GUNR35 went to the recent March 22 trackday (photos here)

Thanks for your interest.

Confirmed

-----------

I am confirmed as attending.