SAU Community

Defect And Noise Pulltion Testing At Decc

moonus

haha thanks heaps Jeff...ye that was me who bought that one. Ive got a stock cat and an airbox. ill put that in soon. Ill try and go to cambelltown too. Do they give you an option? also do you think my fuel pump will get done..its an external one and quite whiny?

Cheers,

Anton

lucky you found one, just remember that the gtst muffler will be quieter! (will need some cutting and rewelding to make it fit though, no biggie)

if you havent already, these mob do great prices on shipping things over (www.transdirect.com.au)

I went to granville so not sure how strict the campbelltown one is but its up to you where you take it

Edited by jeff

went to the one in penrith. to clear the defects was another thing i only had to choices the mechanics in cambelltown or granville i think it was. went to cambelltown as ive heard stories about the other mob being real pricks

Yea the Campbeltown is not too bad.

• 4 weeks later...
wtf :S is that even possible?

yep sure is

public can complain about the noise, enough complaints results to a notice being sent out to you.

or a cop can note your rego down and send one out.

sucks but thats life nowadays

that sucks, so any asshair off the street can ring up and complain about a car and force the owner to get this test done, just cos they think its noisy? its basically a bill for at least $60 and a lot of fking around

that sucks, so any asshair off the street can ring up and complain about a car and force the owner to get this test done, just cos they think its noisy? its basically a bill for at least $60 and a lot of fking around

yes

i think thats how i got mine a while back. i leave for work early in the morning (7am) and while warming the car up, it wouldve certainly woken up a few people in our building and next door's from the rumbling and moan of the rb26

imagine getting that every weekday

or a cop can note your rego down and send one out.

This is how I was given one.

You can actually find out where the complaint came from by calling the DECC officer on your notice....

And I personally went to campbelltown. Very fair.

Still a massive pain in the backside though!!

I was also given a DECC notice for exhaust loudness and emissions test but no defect when I was pulled over at 7am driving to work :bunny:

I am changing my exhaust back to stock and have already changed the pod back to the original box.

Sorry to hijack but I have a few questions as well and though i would post it in here.

My questions are:

- Do I need a snorkel fitted as well?

- Do I need to remove the front mount intercooler and put the stock sidemount on?

- Do I need to remove my Apexi AVCR solenoid?

- Do they check other things on the car such as ride height of the car etc?

- I'm thinking of going to the inspection place at Rosebay in North Sydney, has anyone been there? What are the people there like?

Thanks guys

- Yep

- Yep

- Yep, i would

- just the exhaust noise level (must be under 90db at 4800rpm) and emissions gear (charcoal canister, stock cat, stock bov, stock smic/piping, stock airbox/snorkel)

- I went to the campbelltown one, they seemed pretty good