SAU Community

Pfc Problems

ok so heres the problem. i have used the diagram off rx7.com to calibrate my map sensor. i got a value of 43000 for scale and 2000 for offset. now i got to enter these numbers in and the scale number changes to 9830. almost any high number in xx,xxxx range will give me that same number. so my question is, is that number converted? is it a true value? is there another conversion i have to do with the rb26 on than other???

from memory the scale is capped at 32678 so that would explain why you cant enter in sub 40k

oooh so what would be the solution for that? is the map sensor calibration off?

thanks got it. are you using 2 map sensors??? is it needed????

With the std plenum and tb's i like to use two sourced of the runners like in the apexi manual, it gives better resolution a part and mid throttle, WOT it makes no difference.

With the std plenum and tb's i like to use two sourced of the runners like in the apexi manual, it gives better resolution a part and mid throttle, WOT it makes no difference.

oooh ok. now i am using this ecu on a rb25 motor not rb26, dont know if that makes a big difference, oh and also has anyone experience using gtr cams in a rb25??? the problem im having is it will not crank over that easy, i have to use the gas pedal to get it to crank

oooh ok. now i am using this ecu on a rb25 motor not rb26, dont know if that makes a big difference, oh and also has anyone experience using gtr cams in a rb25??? the problem im having is it will not crank over that easy, i have to use the gas pedal to get it to crank

Just use one sensor and splice the two signal wires together, use a source on the manifold for the map sensor only (dont use it for anything else like guages etc)

Do you mean you need to use the gas pedal to make it fire or just to crank over, if you mean fire you need to pull some fuel as it is too rich.

Just use one sensor and splice the two signal wires together, use a source on the manifold for the map sensor only (dont use it for anything else like guages etc)

Do you mean you need to use the gas pedal to make it fire or just to crank over, if you mean fire you need to pull some fuel as it is too rich.

yes when i try to fire it i need to put the pedal like half way down then it will fire right up. now if it makes any different i am using e85 aswell with the GTR cams.

yes when i try to fire it i need to put the pedal like half way down then it will fire right up. now if it makes any different i am using e85 aswell with the GTR cams.

yep E85 will require alot of work on the cold start compesarion scaling and so forth. Best bet is to get the car warm tune it, then work on the cold start the next day. At least you then have a good "tune" to warm up to..... no pont spending hours on getting the starting right then having to rescale the maps once the real tuning begins.

yep E85 will require alot of work on the cold start compesarion scaling and so forth. Best bet is to get the car warm tune it, then work on the cold start the next day. At least you then have a good "tune" to warm up to..... no pont spending hours on getting the starting right then having to rescale the maps once the real tuning begins.

ok how do i know if the map sensors need rescaling???