SAU Community

Dose Pipe?

You only have issues when you do it without having the car tuned my car was stalling before I had it tuned then when its tuned for no bov it doenst stall and runs well
Probably doesnt have AFMs...lol.

my car was not tuned by this stage i didnt even have a ecu or boost controller just removed all the piping as i said and blocked off the bov.

my car had an afm at the time (got a v500 now so no afm)

i think it just depends on ur car and if u block it correctly but as i said i got over it and now have the ssqv

It's driving style related as well.

I didn't have a BOV for ages on a previous setup (stock ECU).

I could drive all day and not have it stall, or i could make it stall by changing how i was driving the car.

EG. If you get med-hard onto the brakes coming to a set of lights and hit the clutch/neutral whilst still moving reasonably quick, car would stall.

If i can in lightly on the brakes and only hit the clutch/neutral as i came to a stop, car would not stall at all.

It's definitely possible for it to stall without a BOV/Factory ECU, and it is also possible for the direct opposite.

There are just to many influencing factors either way. If you take off the BOV and you don't have problems - great.

However don't expect that to be the case in every situation & vice versa

2 things.

1.) if you disable your bov, you will get the sound you want so why do you want to get a metal pipe?

2.) if you do get a metal pipe made, how hard is it to get 2-3 holes drilled and a small pipe welded to it so that all the existing things that you need (breather etc) can be connected to it?

It's driving style related as well.

I didn't have a BOV for ages on a previous setup (stock ECU).

I could drive all day and not have it stall, or i could make it stall by changing how i was driving the car.

EG. If you get med-hard onto the brakes coming to a set of lights and hit the clutch/neutral whilst still moving reasonably quick, car would stall.

If i can in lightly on the brakes and only hit the clutch/neutral as i came to a stop, car would not stall at all.

It's definitely possible for it to stall without a BOV/Factory ECU, and it is also possible for the direct opposite.

There are just to many influencing factors either way. If you take off the BOV and you don't have problems - great.

However don't expect that to be the case in every situation & vice versa

thats the issue im having

i just adjusted my driving style to suit and it never stalls now :(

btu i have a stock bov on with a emanage ultmiate piggyback

i dont get why everyone hates on the noise of them?? i think they sound fantastic.. spose you's all think antilag is shit aswell.

i think there should be more people who can be happier with a simple mod to produce a simple sound.. how is this any stupider than those that want 400hp for no real reason and have nowhere to use it... or want to break a time barrier and spend thousands of dollars for a few milli-seconds.

how many of you guys bagging out the "dose pipe" have a reasonably noisy exhaust?? or are you all under the 90db limit??

the chu chu sound is no more common/easily recognised than a hks ssqv.

you mod your car for you, and only you need to be happy with it.

and blocking off the bov wont give you the same sound.. you need a metal intake pipe to get the full chu chu chu noise.

and i didnt have any problems with stalling..

straight pipe is fine, you dont need a small pipe attatched, your oil breather goes to your catch can, not back into the intake, and the bov is disconnected so its not relevent.

having said that.. you can still get a cool reversion sound by having the bov recirc line enter after the turbo.. not in the intake.

• Like 1

having said that.. you can still get a cool reversion sound by having the bov recirc line enter after the turbo.. not in the intake.

:(:(:)

And still protect your compressor because you still have a BOV fitted???

All depends on where your boost gauge was getting its reading from, if it is at the correct source of the plenum, then no it wouldn't be.

It was actually connected just in front of the throttle body so it only read boost...couldnt be assed t-ing into fpr line and S15 have very few places to hook into...it def showed positive boost pressure on the gauge between gears (like 8-10psi) which would suggest that it held boost in the piping without the BOV?

To do this properly you need to;

1. remove the whole stock intake including the pipes to the bov and oil breathers

2. block/remove bov

3. move the afm onto the cooler pipe (stops stalls and maintains mapping)

4. make your oil breather vent to atmosphere (put a breather filter on it or add a catch can + filter)

5. fit a 2.5" metal pipe 120 cm long to the front of the turbo. Gl fitting a pod in there your power steering pump is in the way, you may want to try a slight bent pipe (I haven’t tried this so I cant say you will get the noise)

I have set this up on two of my mates 33s in the past and the sound is the typical (dolphin/pidgin) noise.

You will loose some power if you are running a standard ecu and can possibly damage the turbo.

That said if you want the noise that is the way to achieve it properly.

And just for the record I don’t run this setup, my 33 is happily running the stock bov and air box :blink:

This should answer the questions. Thread can now be closed.

To do this properly you need to;

1. remove the whole stock intake including the pipes to the bov and oil breathers

2. block/remove bov

3. move the afm onto the cooler pipe (stops stalls and maintains mapping)

4. make your oil breather vent to atmosphere (put a breather filter on it or add a catch can + filter)

5. fit a 2.5" metal pipe 120 cm long to the front of the turbo. Gl fitting a pod in there your power steering pump is in the way, you may want to try a slight bent pipe (I haven't tried this so I cant say you will get the noise)

I have set this up on two of my mates 33s in the past and the sound is the typical (dolphin/pidgin) noise.

You will loose some power if you are running a standard ecu and can possibly damage the turbo.

That said if you want the noise that is the way to achieve it properly.

And just for the record I don't run this setup, my 33 is happily running the stock bov and air box :D

This should answer the questions. Thread can now be closed.

hey 1.2 meters is abit long isnt it..???

12 cm sounds about right... thanks for the information anyways... this job is allready complete and dosing away...