SAU Community

Nismo S Tune Plus Other Parts!

02stagea

Hey guys I have been looking at the Nismo S tune setup (through RHD JAPAN) for my RX and was looking for some feedback on them. Not looking to really lower the car too much and not interested in adjustments as it will never see a track.

Would like to maintain close to stock ride comfort and once this upgrade is done I will look to purcahse swaybars (suggestions) and a full set of bushes (have found some conflicting information on these). Just want to tighten things up a bit as there is a bit of creaking and groaning happening so I'm guessing the stock stuff is shot.

Big thanks to iamhe77 for the great write up on all the Coilover options in a previous thread. :P Saved me alot of time on google!

No problemo. Glad it helped :P

I have a Nismo S-Tune kit on my car. Very nice all round kit. Lowers the car just enough (20mm or so) and has a great ride, whilst it is firmer than the floaty stock setup it certainly soaks up most bumps and the rebound is beautifully controlled.

Can't really go wrong if you don't need to have adjustable suspension.

If I were you, I'd do the new springs and shocks BEFORE you look at replacing bushes. When I did mine I lost a bunch of odd rattles and squeaks that I was sure were bush related.

Another option around the same price point as the Nismo's, are BC's BR Coilovers. I fitted these to my RS, can be run at factory ride height, and are a very compliant set up on their softest setting.

I know you aren't after adjustability, but for the price, the quality and fit is excellent; ride is far better than I was expecting; most passengers don't know it's aftermarket kit :P .

Also, backup is available locally if anything goes awry; unlikely, I know, but worthy of consideration.

Originally I was looking for something fixed, but I just set mine the way I wanted them, and I don't plan to touch them again.

Just a thought.

Cheers, Dale

mine was fitted with s-tune's when it was imported, very nice ride and handles great around corners :ermm:

i tend to scrap the front bar now and again (some times majorly) but I wouldn't want to raise the height as it sits just right.

I don't have a kit on mine and don't plan to put one on so I don't think scraping will be too much of an issue. I just want to get rid of the creaks and groans the car sometimes makes as they really annoy me!

Thanks for the advice guys. Now just got to see what price I can get them for!

Don't worry too much about scraping.

I have a PM35 Axis S front on my RS and I don't scrape... maybe that is because I take driveways slowly or on an angle they are a bit steep.