Nm35 Died Mid Flight

garetb16

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ill always take the piss out of the internet mechanics because i empathise with the person with the fault who has to trawl through all the endless shite posted to find their problem, afm should have been fault code 12 on the ecu iirc, when diagnosing a fault with these symptoms i would always check intercooler pipework first then interrogate the ecu for fault codes for the others eg afm cas ect ect,usually with the afm the car just wont go above 2krpm, i just wish i had more time to give the internet mecs more abuse

Edited by aerofocker

ill always take the piss out of the internet mechanics because i empathise with the person with the fault who has to trawl through all the endless shite posted to find their problem, afm should have been fault code 12 on the ecu iirc, when diagnosing a fault with these symptoms i would always check intercooler pipework first then interrogate the ecu for fault codes for the others eg afm cas ect ect,usually with the afm the car just wont go above 2krpm, i just wish i had more time to give the internet mecs more abuse

lol...but I will always take the piss out of you so called mechanical experts(x being the unknown factor spirt being a drip under pressure)....maybe endless shite to you mate but as you are not in the VQ25DET world I suggest you keep you smart arse comments to yourself....outside the Japanese language we are it for the VQ25DET!!!!....and unless you have something more constructive to add I suggest you shut it......we in M35 Stagea world don't suffer fools gladly....and I don't want to put you in the same boat as some others(e.g.nummers)

PS....for the VQ25DET(it's not a F#$King RB motor)....so error 12 to the VQ means P0012 "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Retarded (Bank 1) to us...may not be that on a RB.....get my point buddy!

our errors below

P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Malfunction

P0101 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance Problem

P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input

P0103 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit High Input

P0104 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Intermittent

Did you know that?....guess what?...it came off the Internet!!!!...from a so called internet mechanic.....are you that for behind the times that you have not realised that there are ECU's running cars now not carbi's ....bet you wouldn't find the VQ25DET in a service manual or PC at your workplace!

P.S. Did he not get the answer to the problem within 10 minutes and an offer of help from people with parts? Pretty f#$king good info is you ask me!!!!! give me another site with that!!!

Edited by Jetwreck

lol...but I will always take the piss out of you so called mechanical experts(x being the unknown factor spirt being a drip under pressure)....maybe endless shite to you mate but as you are not in the VQ25DET world I suggest you keep you smart arse comments to yourself....outside the Japanese language we are it for the VQ25DET!!!!....and unless you have something more constructive to add I suggest you shut it......we in M35 Stagea world don't suffer fools gladly....and I don't want to put you in the same boat as some others(e.g.nummers)

PS....for the VQ25DET(it's not a F#$King RB motor)....so error 12 to the VQ means P0012 "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Retarded (Bank 1) to us...may not be that on a RB.....get my point buddy!

our errors below

P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Malfunction

P0101 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance Problem

P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input

P0103 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit High Input

P0104 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Intermittent

Did you know that?....guess what?...it came off the Internet!!!!...from a so called internet mechanic.....are you that far behind the times that you have not realised that there are ECU's running cars now not carbi's ....bet you wouldn't find the VQ25DET in a service manual or PC at your workplace!

At least he didn't call you cockmaster... I say we bow down to our new son of rajab and master, Aerofocker!

Here's a challenge for you!......tell me and everybody else that has this motor something that we don't already know!!!!

outside the Japanese language we are it for the vq25det, congrats

maybe i touched a nerve ha ha

where exactly do you think i work by the way? and how do you get the impression i think these cars run on carbs? perhaps i should put more info for you in my personal profile?maybe my hourly rate?

Edited by aerofocker

outside the Japanese language we are it for the vq25det, congrats

maybe i touched a nerve ha ha

where exactly do you think i work by the way? and how do you get the impression i think these cars run on carbs? perhaps i should put more info for you in my personal profile?maybe my hourly rate?

good thing you wern't charging your hourly rate, if I remember correctly you got the diagnosis wrong.....

I guess people like me are lucky there's enough people on this forum willing to give their knowledge and time for free to help fellow stagea owners......

its quite reasonabel to suspect a boost leak,its the cheapest and easiest to find, as stated before im only interested in the guy getting his car sorted and giving plenty abust to those that are full of crap, enjoy your nm35s lads

Edited by aerofocker

its quite reasonabel to suspect a boost leak, its the cheapest and easiest to find, as stated before im only interested in the guy getting his car sorted and giving plenty abust to those that are full of crap, enjoy your nm35s lads

I see you abust yourself a lot then! :P

:)

Edited by Jetwreck

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get the bugger apart but it isnt just a couple of wires, there's a full surface mount board and processor tucked inside. No chance of repair, sorry Garett.

Be careful with your airflow sensors people.

post-63525-1273062080_thumb.jpg

its quite reasonabel to suspect a boost leak,its the cheapest and easiest to find, as stated before im only interested in the guy getting his car sorted and giving plenty abust to those that are full of crap, enjoy your nm35s lads

Awww, does that mean no more pearls of wisdom? What a shame... Not.