SAU Community

Shipping To Port Kembla

mini2

Anyone knows of some good towies that do regular runs from the 'gong to Sydney? The towie I used to use no longer tow cars but only heavy machinery.

Or...does Kiwicar still do what they used to do ie sends the car to Brisvegas and they'll help out with trucking it down to Sydney? Port Kembla is just a major PITA when it's used to be nice and easy at Glebe Island.

Thanks fellas.

Ring Kirrawee Towing and ask for Stratty 9521 2300. Yes Port Kembla is a right pain, and towing seems to cost a fortune. I actually send most of my cars through Brisbane - it's cheaper to transport them from there through Kiwi than to get them towed from Port Kembla. Go figure...

i should invest in a car trailer and do port kembla --> syd runs for extra cash :D i live bout 5mins away from port kembla car port.

^^^this strategy (via trailer hire) would certainly reduce the cost of a double-run by a professional driver.

if you add up all your costs and also your time, it would work out cheaper to get a professional tow... :blush:

+1

The trailer hire is $120 for the day plus your time off work plus fuel/lpg/diesel for the car to and from Port Kembla.

if you add up all your costs and also your time, it would work out cheaper to get a professional tow... :)

yep precisely! it's actually not that bad. tow should be around $250 for a 'retail' customer from port kembla wharf to sydney cbd and a bit less if you are in the trade or have a good relationship with your chosen towie. for the hassle of paying $120 for a trailer for a day, plus needing a car to tow it with (another $80+ if you don't have one), then add the drive down, the drive back home, then the drives to pick-up and return the trailer, all the fuel you use and the half a day minimum this will all take and all of a sudden $250 for it to be delivered to your door or workshop of choice seems pretty bloody reasonable.

most towies with a proper tilt tray wont get out of bed for less than $150 anyway so $250 for such a distance seems pretty fair.

iron chef, I would always advise shipping to the port the car is going to. kiwi are bar stewards. for all the extra time and extra risk to the car I say ship direct to sydney and try a towie like select. if you explain you are a broker and can provide regular business they should do you a reasonable price. much more convenient I reckon.