SAU Community

Putting Wrx Seats Into A R32

As the title says, looking at putting some WRX seating into my Skyline, just wanting to know if anyone has done it and how much of a mission it is/will be. :)

Cheers

Why bother? GT-R seats are similarly looking and bolt straight in.

ugh why does everyone question what someone else wants to do! wrx seats are nice as and there different.

If everyone did the same thing the world would be boring.

Why bother? GT-R seats are similarly looking and bolt straight in.

Because in NZ, WRX seats can be picked up for $150ish where as GTR seats are $600+

and no-one can deny that WRX seats are f**kin comfy lol

Sweet cheers, wouldn't be able to find out if they're on the factory Skyline rails modified or custom or even the WRX ones been modified?

Would be much appreciated :D

Cheers

inside rail on the skyline seats are 25mm higher (closer to seat) than the outside rail

if the WRX ones arent staggerd like this it will make them more difficult to mount - but not impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

R31 rails are great and can be universally fitted to a lot of seats, we fitted a Recaro to my brother's R31 stock rail too.

Unfortunately the R32 rails are a lot more complicated so there's a rare chance they'll just bolt straight on to the stock R32 rail.

it will be a fair bit of work to fit. like mentioned above the floor mounting points are not all level so there are different levels of height needed to get the seal to ultimately mount flat. plus the rear inner mounts are on the tunner not on the floor.... it's a fairly unique style of mounting. sure the seats may only cost $150 but the cost of having a competent mechanic or engineer weld up the appropriate adapters and mounts to make the seats mount safely will be probably $300 or more per seat. with that in mind suddenly $600 for 32 GTR seats looks like good value. they bolt straight in and mount as per factory so are perfectly safe and legal. 33 GTR seats do too and so do 34 GTR seats and they are really nice. yes they cost but they are all miles better than WRX seats and will take 10 mins to fit, require no custom work and be 100% safe.

gota agree with beer baron about the quality,

i had wrx seats in my old sss and now owning a gtr, u cannot compare the two, GTR seats are soo much more supportive. Then i went to r34 GTR seats and they would have to be in my opinion one of the best factory seats that u can get.

and as people have said before they will bolt straight on taking only 10 minutes

• 2 years later...

What ever happend to thid, did you fit wrx seats in the car?

My self is looking to fit evo (possibly wrx) seats as they are so nice! I just don't know if they fold good enough (or at all) so people can get in the back seat.

The gtr33 seats are okay, the gtr34 seats were kinda to small for me, or at least for my legs (84kg and 187cm with long legs).

Would really like to know if you got this to work and how.

/Stefan