SAU Community

Wolf Plugin Question

NO_RSPECT

I have spoken to a few workshops about management and have been told OBVIOUSLY that the management they endorse is the best and everything else has faults.

One supplier in particular mentioned that WOLFs have startup issues, as in the car is hard to start. Now I am sure steve is going to answer this so here goes.

Could these startup rumours be as a result of a NON plugin wolf being installed by a person unfamiliar with wolfs which has caused this as they were inexperienced in tuning it.

Or can you expect this with a plugin wolf or any wolf for that matter. It seems a fairly significant issue so thats why I am leaning toward my first opinion to do with inexperience.

someone post up any feedback you have heard. NOT WHO YOU HEARD IT FROM

Thanks

Oh and if I take 2 wolfs is it any cheaper.

or maybe if others are looking to do this and have questions about it you could post up.

I have a friend who had a wolf plug-in. He was commenting that it does take longer to start (cranking time) but I personally think with a bit more time tuning, it should be better.

I have spoken to a few workshops about management and have been told OBVIOUSLY that the management they endorse is the best and everything else has faults.  

One supplier in particular mentioned that WOLFs have startup issues, as in the car is hard to start. Now I am sure steve is going to answer this so here goes.  

Could these startup rumours be as a result of a NON plugin wolf being installed by a person unfamiliar with wolfs which has caused this as they were inexperienced in tuning it.  

Or can you expect this with a plugin wolf or any wolf for that matter. It seems a fairly significant issue so thats why I am leaning toward my first opinion to do with inexperience.  

someone post up any feedback you have heard. NOT WHO YOU HEARD IT FROM

Thanks

Oh and if I take 2 wolfs is it any cheaper.  

or maybe if others are looking to do this and have questions about it you could post up.

you'll find that with any after market ecu the tuning will show how well it starts idles runs etc, my experiences all be it minimal with the old v3's showed they wern't the best with cold starts, the v4 seems to be a lot better at it, but ive not actually been in a car running one as yet so i can't comment..

I had a few issues with cold starts and re-starting on my wolf3d v4 but its all been sorted now with a software update from wolf done by steve. I have noticed it does take a little more to turn over and start but since the update its started everytime firsttime and without having to give it any gas. For the money the wolf3d is hard to go past but with the soaring aussie dollar the powerfc is getting cheaper either one will do the job for a street car.

Steve's home computer is down at the moment, so if you don't mind I'll field this question on his behalf.

Cold start is fully tunable on the Wolf, and as such if you have a Wolf put into your car and leave it overnight with Steve then he'll have no worries in making it start well in the morning.

There has been one other issue, that a few people including Rob77 experienced, where the cranking signal wasn't being picked up first time, which meant a few cranks before the car fired into life, Wolf have since released an update which makes it start first time. This was only apparent in a couple cars but Wolf quickly worked to fix the problem.

Any of the other good ECU's should be able to coldstart without any issues, just really depends on the tuner.