SAU Community

I Went To Regency Today....

Sparkys

As the title states I went to Regency for the first time today to get a vehicle inspection on a 32 I've just converted to an RB25DET Neo. I went in trembling and shaking expecting the worst, but came out feeling that the department is understanding and decent, with a necessary focus on vehicle safety.

The vehicle requires a few bushes replaced and the reversing lights are faulty, but each thing they listed was a fair safety thing which I'm glad they pointed out.

So what's the big Regency fear I read about on the forums??

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha depends on who you get at Regency .... just like coppers some are decent blokes who want to enforce the rules fairly, and others are plain a$$wipes.

Spot on. With all my experiences I think their a bunch of tossbags :)

What have you been pulled up on Luke?

The bloke checking did say when I was leaving "See you in a couple of months" and when I asked him what he meant said "You drive a Skyline, therefore the police will defect you and send you back here whether the vehicle's roadworthy or not", but I felt that indicated the police may have a tendency to discriminate, not necessarily the inspection officers.

Everything and anything... Was an absolute clusterf**k passing my car the first time I got defected. Even though it had been through compliance maybe 6 months earlier.

it definately depends on who you get, i go through fairly often (repairable writeoff and defects for customers) and i have only ever had one bad experience...

my last one was a full roadworthy and we were in and out in 7minutes, yet there was a skyline there who was so low he couldn't drive it onto the hoist (and he came out with a second sticker. suprise suprise) he probably thinks regency are tools though

cheers Bengi

Watcha mean a setup....? And no I don't work for Regency :)

Luke was your car modified? They told me I could put coilovers and stuff on if I wanted to, provided I got them engineered. I thought coilovers were illegal!

Bengi I couldn't get my skyline on the hoist, my front bumper was too low. Their hoist has too much ramp angle even for a car that has the required 10cm distance between the ground and the front bumper, especially skylines with their long overhang, I can drive over speed humps, up gutters etc without ever scraping. But they got me to drive on backwards and it was ok. I must have got someone reasonable.

Edited by Sparkys

Watcha mean a setup....? And no I don't work for Regency :)

Luke was your car modified? They told me I could put coilovers and stuff on if I wanted to, provided I got them engineered. I thought coilovers were illegal!

Stock standard when it went through save for the oil cooler/relocator kit which was totally fine, they even commented on how perfect the setup was. That didn't stop them from finding "worn bushes" and "rust on the sill" (the "rust" was a joke)

coilovers are engineerable if they are:

1) welded to the legal minimum height (or higher)

2) do not lose up to 1/3 (i think, an engineer can confirm this) of the original suspension travel from factory

cheers Bengi

coilovers are engineerable if they are:

1) welded to the legal minimum height (or higher)

2) do not lose up to 1/3 (i think, an engineer can confirm this) of the original suspension travel from factory

cheers Bengi

so pretty much none of the coilovers i know off

The Tein superstreets I had were probably legal, they weren't base height adj - althought were height adj

Edited by Weezy

The inspector told me that ALL coilovers are legal provided they have written engineering documentation to say that the ride height they are set at is safe. They don't have to be welded at that height and can remain adjustable (I asked him that) but if you are caught with them at the wrong height you will get a defect.

He said people are allowed to put them in and get them engineered at a height suitable for street use, but can then dump them on the ground for track use as long as they are returned to street height before leaving the track.

The Tein superstreets I had were probably legal, they weren't base height adj - althought were height adj

What you sold me werent actually superstreets - they were HR's

-D