SAU Community

hey all my name is Chris and i recently brought an r32 GTR with 97000kms on it, no paint chips no rust id say mint. ever since i got it all i here from everyone is that i made a huge mistake i get told left and right that a gtst would have been better. are the rumours really true are they unbelievably expensive to modify/fix. have i made a mistake??.

should probably mention that im only an apprentice electrician

all comments appreciated

Cheers, Chris

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are all jealous mate lol.

honestly its up to you if you think you have made a mistake, dont listen to what other people say. since they are pretty old now you could have a few things start to break, engine will be getting old and tired also so you have to be weary of that. normal servicing isnt that expensive, modifying can be expensive. it all comes down to can you budget if something does go wrong? but if your confidant in the condition of the gtr than you dont have anything to worry about.

hope that helps you a bit :rofl2:

Congrats on your purchase. i myself drive a 1994 R32 gtr and i really havne't encounted any major problems yet. Runs well and has never missed a beat (and no its not a weekend driver).

Providing that you bought one in good condition it should last quite some time without anything breaking.

Also second hand GTR parts really aren't more expensive then Gtst parts. I gurantee you most the people who told u that GTRs are hard to maintain, expensive to fix have not ever owned a GTR themselves.

Most people who own GTRs and complain are those who bought them for cheap and expect them to run like a dream. (You get what you pay for).

Btw what mods are done to your car and what year is it?

thanks mate my car is 1994 it was stock standard when i bought it but the dealer put a catback exhaust a cusco strutbrace and cusco camber rods (still has stock rims :rofl2:) oh plus coilovers aswell

Edited by Confused91

Stock rims are good (they are light and you can get decent tyres for around 700bucks a set). wish my car came with a cusco strut brace and coilovers :rofl2:

Edited by bob san

haha, if I had of listened to all the whinging gts-t owners saying GTR's cost this and that I never would have got one.

It goes the same for pretty much any car, just make sure it has been maintained properly and do the same yourself when you own it, simple.

having previously owned an r33 gtst and now owning an r32 gtr, i realy dont see the gtr been much more expensive to maintain....modify? possibly but depends how much power you want to make.

modifying a gtst isnt a cheaper option either !

preventative maintence is the key...and starting with a good/solid reliable car

thanks for the pm jiffo.

thanks SiR i dont really want to do anything insane i would just like some steel wheeled turbos so i can actually do SOMETHING, other then that a nice tune, dual stage boost controller and that would be about it really

Edited by Confused91

ive had gtsts in several guises and many levels of modification, when i bought the GTR i was convinced in 5 minutes that it was what i was trying to make my GTSTs all along, you made the right choice

GTR owners - how much do you spend on the car in a month on average?

Remember that alot of the older people consider the skyline as a hoon car. It's got a turbo and it's loud, so it must be for burnouts and street racing. Friend of mine has quite a nice 33 and everyone around him gives him shit about owning it. The skyline really is an enthusiast car, and you've gotta "get it" to own it.

Congratulations on your new baby Chris.

As you get more and more support on this thread you can change your user name to "Certain91" eh?

I look forward to pics...

Terry