SAU Community

Increasing My Psi

StevenR33

dont like manual boost controllers....cant tell what your boosting up to until you try it out...recomend proper digital boost controllers....

Manual Boost Controller = Boost Tee = Bleed Valve. If you're going to buy one, get the one Kris recommended: Turbotech. Cheap and very reliable.

dont like manual boost controllers....cant tell what your boosting up to until you try it out...recomend proper digital boost controllers....

That's why you start off with it in the factory setting and adjust incrementally, as opposed to just winding it up and letting loose. Will take about 5 adjustments to get it perfect. Turbotech manual boost controllers are fantastic, never had one spike on me, ever.

14psi is what you would put it on if u want to kill the turbo quick lol

12Psi is safe on stock turbo

i have GFB boost controller, never have issues with it at all.

i ran 12psi on my stock turbo, no problems. but be prepaird to buy some after market coil pax after that. also get the greddy profec spec b II boost controller its like 500 on justjap and it works a treat

i bought a manual turbosmart boost controller but dont know how many psi is each click anyone have a rough idea? im guessing all the way to bottom end would be standard boost just wanting to know how many more clicks to 10psi? if anyone knows thanks.

Here's an idea: buy a $50 boost gauge and save blowing your turbo :)

I would never install a boost controller, even electronic, on a car without using a boost gauge.

I'm pretty sure if you run am turbo, be prepared to upgrade a lot of things otherwise your standard setup is not going to last long. Most the time its recommended getting a tune done after certain mods. It also depends what power range for a particular turbo. Increasing boost means your fuel:air ratio changes dramatically with the potential of running way too lean.

• 3 weeks later...
if u run a am turbo but stock other parts except exhaust from the front pipe to the tip, would 14psi hurt?

i still had stock turbo but was running 14 psi with profec 2 boost controller,exhaust,pod filter,front mount and bov and kept getting fuel cuts,pump or injectors weren't keeping up foot flat and was like speed limiter was kicking in at 70-80 k's (well mechenic told me it was fuel system anyway)

if u run a am turbo but stock other parts except exhaust from the front pipe to the tip, would 14psi hurt?

yep. you'd be leaning out and even more so with the aftermarket turbo. would require fuel pump and retune.

there's only so much equipment is designed for, fuel maps aren't designed for large turbos @ 1bar thus lack of fuel = lean.