SAU Community

Anyone From Nz?

:D Thanks for the support Mike!

Well, I never owned a Holden before but never really liked the looks of their cars so never ever considered one! :thumbsup:

Tbh, I've never really paid too much attention on station wagons, but when I got into this forum, met some stags owner and started to look more onto the stags, I gotta say it does look very good!

I totally agree with everything there and I speak from experience! For the last 13 years I have had a '99 VT wagon equipe that i put 160k on and a '06 SV6 sedan that I put 50k on. Neither come close to the stag! :) . As for the aussies on here...don't worry. I don't think too many would put the holden before a skyline/stag.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Thanks for the support Mike!

Well, I never owned a Holden before but never really liked the looks of their cars so never ever considered one! :thumbsup:

Tbh, I've never really paid too much attention on station wagons, but when I got into this forum, met some stags owner and started to look more onto the stags, I gotta say it does look very good!

Two main reasons I got a wagon over a sedan or coupe.

Most importent, room for my two kids I have to cart around and secondly I need to tow a dirt bike and there is a heap of gear required to ride so a wagon is the best way to go.

I also like to 'drive' so vans, people movers & SUVs are out! :D

Another update from me (not that many cares :thumbsup: )!

Just got a call from the dealer.... car has finally been complied! YAY!!! No issues except for a burnt bulb apparently which has been sorted now.

Will go check the car later this evening, make sure things are all good and get the car registered tomorrow.

FINALLY.....

Another update from me (not that many cares :thumbsup: )!

Just got a call from the dealer.... car has finally been complied! YAY!!! No issues except for a burnt bulb apparently which has been sorted now.

Will go check the car later this evening, make sure things are all good and get the car registered tomorrow.

FINALLY.....

All the best matey, I am following your progress.

Thanks mate for the wishes! Sure hope everything is good 2 go now with Compliance finally sorted.

Anyway, a meet would be cool. I'll be keen to meet some of you guys who have been giving so much good advice on things.

Anway, Modcarz (sorry haven't got your real name), where are photos of your car mate? :thumbsup:

All the best matey, I am following your progress.

Also, guys from Auckland - I was thinking we should organise a small meet up. What say you guys?

That's a good idea! I'm in, although time is short at the mo. I have maybe 1 sunday a month available but I'm sure we can manage something, sometime! :(

And Loh, enjoy your car....your probably there now waiting at the gate!

That's a good idea! I'm in, although time is short at the mo. I have maybe 1 sunday a month available but I'm sure we can manage something, sometime! :)

And Loh, enjoy your car....your probably there now waiting at the gate!

Unfortunately Mike, the car is still not back at the yard!!! They said compliance picked up that there was a burnt brake light bulb so the dealer sent the car to a workshop to get it fixed. So he PROMISED that it'll all be done and dusted by tomorrow 11am!

As a compromise, he'll come to me with the car to get the car registered and give me the keys straight. So barring any further unexpected surprises, the car should be with me by tomorrow evening. Car apparently passed compliance in a breeze (except for the light bulb) so all should be good. Dealer will get a pre-purchase inspection report from the AA done b4 passing me the car as well.

So hopefully (again!!) all is good!

Hmmmm.... getting a little worried now... :)

Saw a thread regarding the trouble of getting a 3rd brake lights LED in to Australia and how we might need to simply rebuild one ourselves in another thread!

Now hoping that my brake light bulb is easily replaceable. I do note that my dealer is a highly optimistic person as seen in the missed time promises this week so I really do hope he meant it when he said the lights are sorted and I'll have the car in the evening..... :)

Unfortunately Mike, the car is still not back at the yard!!! They said compliance picked up that there was a burnt brake light bulb so the dealer sent the car to a workshop to get it fixed. So he PROMISED that it'll all be done and dusted by tomorrow 11am!

As a compromise, he'll come to me with the car to get the car registered and give me the keys straight. So barring any further unexpected surprises, the car should be with me by tomorrow evening. Car apparently passed compliance in a breeze (except for the light bulb) so all should be good. Dealer will get a pre-purchase inspection report from the AA done b4 passing me the car as well.

So hopefully (again!!) all is good!

Ha ha, lazy salesman, sending the car back to the workshop to change a bulb!

I work in a bike shop & I hate it when sales people do stuff like that. :) .

Anyway, seriously it sounds like he's going that extra bit to make amends...nice.

Only one more sleepless night then :) .

Look forward to your update soon.

Hmmmm.... getting a little worried now... :)

Saw a thread regarding the trouble of getting a 3rd brake lights LED in to Australia and how we might need to simply rebuild one ourselves in another thread!

Now hoping that my brake light bulb is easily replaceable. I do note that my dealer is a highly optimistic person as seen in the missed time promises this week so I really do hope he meant it when he said the lights are sorted and I'll have the car in the evening..... :)

Oh you snuck this update in before I'd finished typing my previous.

Surely it's a simple bulb change...fingers crossed!

Oh you snuck this update in before I'd finished typing my previous.

Surely it's a simple bulb change...fingers crossed!

Haha.... yeah... i was sniffing around on the forum and saw that thread so decided to have a read and i gotta say it was like reading a horror story! :)

Anyway, yeah, fingers crossed, it's easily fixed and sorted. Thanks for the well wishes! :)

Even a white taxi yesterday.

I've seen that guy too on the north shore, its a 250RS I think.

I am keen for a meet some time with the rest of the Auckland contingent.

I've seen that guy too on the north shore, its a 250RS I think.

I am keen for a meet some time with the rest of the Auckland contingent.

Agreed! Would be good to see each other's ride! :D

Anyway, I do agree that I am seeing more n more stags nowadays but still relatively small in quantity compared to other station wagons. So it's definitely good to see more n more ppl keen on getting a M35 or V35.

A M35 taxi.... I gotta keep my eyes for that! :D

I am working away from home at the moment and have not been able to take any pics. Rest assured, I will be getting some pics uploaded soon. Its nothing flash, just an everyday 250GT in silver with no extras, and the fugly 16 inch wheels on as well. :D

Seeing the pics of some of the G35s on the US forums surely gets my juices flowing. Some of them look awesome.

Any mods anyone???

Edited by X-Modcarz

I am working away from home at the moment and have not been able to take any pics. Rest assured, I will be getting some pics uploaded soon. Its nothing flash, just an everyday 250GT in silver with no extras, and the fugly 16 inch wheels on as well. :)

Seeing the pics of some of the G35s on the US forums surely gets my juices flowing. Some of them look awesome.

Any mods anyone???

Well, looking forward to some pictures then! :D

Anyway, unfortunately, I don't think I'll be doing any modification to the car. Prefer to keep it stock atm. I have never been someone who enjoys putting mods into my car and I like the v35 in it's original state. :D

However, do intend to put in some add-ons if i can. Will definitely do a bandwidth expander on the stereo and is thinking of potentially putting in either a reversing camera (that can be connected to the TV screen) or maybe just some reverse sensors (provided I can find sensors with colour that matches the car).

Once they have the english conversion done for the s2 Nav unit, I'll probably get that done. So the plans is just to do minor add ons but not any major modifications.

Please guys don't get me wrong here, by mods I meant anything from the smallest to the wildest. Even little things like FM Band Expander count.

I like no mods & all mods, be it mild or wild. As for mine, as money permits and the misses calms down, will probably be DVD (almost sorted with this), reverse camera, exhaust cat. out, tints for the two front windows and maybe one day new wheels.

I wouldn't mind an aero front bar as well but only if I got lucky with a local wreaked car.

Of course I'm very happy with the stock car but sometimes like to add the odd personal touch. Especially as we start to see more and more around. I really like the wheels and look of bbenny's stag on here.

As of tomorrow my neighbour will also have one. He has brought a wine red '03 250RX four after seeing mine. :D

I like no mods & all mods, be it mild or wild. As for mine, as money permits and the misses calms down, will probably be DVD (almost sorted with this), reverse camera, exhaust cat. out, tints for the two front windows and maybe one day new wheels.

I wouldn't mind an aero front bar as well but only if I got lucky with a local wreaked car.

Of course I'm very happy with the stock car but sometimes like to add the odd personal touch. Especially as we start to see more and more around. I really like the wheels and look of bbenny's stag on here.

As of tomorrow my neighbour will also have one. He has brought a wine red '03 250RX four after seeing mine. :D

Oh Mike, I should have waited until you upgraded your wheels and bought yours off you! My RX250 Four has the fugly 16" wheels with awful 65 profile tyres, and I bought a set of factory 17" rims like yours to fit when I need new tyres. At least they were cheap. BTW, I was looking at cars for auction at Turners, Rosedale Rd yesterday and saw this 2003 Stag 250RS

http://www.turners.co.nz/Vehicles/Pages/Ca...px?RefID=780977

It's one of the few I've seen with the cargo barrier net supplied. I wonder if they'd sell it separately? It's quite a tidy car except for a few supermarket scrapes.

Your neighbour shows impeccable taste. I took a friend out in ours today, and he's now seriously considering a S2 RX350.

Edited by Spong

Please guys don't get me wrong here, by mods I meant anything from the smallest to the wildest. Even little things like FM Band Expander count.

No worries mate... well, come think of it, I wouldn't mind a little stock spoiler at the back if I get lucky with the wreckers as well! :D Anyway, when I saw mods, i was more refering to mods on the mechanical side of things. A little misunderstanding I guess! :P