SAU Community

Dmd Tuning's Other Build Our R31 Drift Car

dmac_25

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah mate that's for sure with a 31 if you smash it just buy another cheap and go again bit like a s13 in japan worth nothing there and can go crazy and not care.

Just waiting on a few more parts and it will be going back together for a run down the strip then the auto is comin out ready for some sliding

• 3 weeks later...

Keep going with the updates mate!

I just bought mine for $600 with:

220 000km

5 speed

every bush replaced with nolathan polyurethane

munro gt gas shocks

HD king springs

series III

4 wheel discs.

so i rekon i got a pretty good deal .

My diff is bit 'clunky' .. how is yours mate?

• 1 month later...

Car is now running with the new cam and big 1000cc injectors waiting for me to get it onto the dyno, sounds nice and lump with the new cam, here is the first startup video and some current build pics and some progress build pics

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

• 2 months later...

Finally found some time to get it on the dyno and tune it. At 19psi just topping 300rwkw the old Turbosmart boost tee is getting a bit sad and wouldn't let me keep going past 19 it's been in a few of my cars over the years.

11046ef7.jpg

• 1 month later...

Cheers mate modded up the steering hard to get max lock.

Decided to throw the 25 head on and do some testing done what i wanted to achieve with the single cam head.

• 2 months later...

Haven't updated this in a long time. Found out the engine that was in it wasn't the ordinal and nether was the cluster that said 230,000 found out the engine had done upwards of 350,000 and had a turbo on it before.

Story is on some testing it run number 6 bearing with 300rwkw on tear down all the bearings were pretty worn out.

So engine is apart getting machined for forged pistons and going 25 head this time with the fuel system all setup for jungle juice e85

• 4 months later...

0c013185.jpg

31a93354.jpg

Haven't updated in a while engine is all in and ready to hit the dyno again.

Got a few little things to finish before taking it to the summer matsuri and give it a good test out

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Been a long time since I did an update. Entered the car in this years wtac. We had some bumps along the way had to do a rebuild the weekend before so was some late nights leading up to loading it on the trailer and heading to Sydney.

With no testing I wasn't expecting much but got over a few little issues that would have been sorted with testing and finally on the Saturday got some good hot laps and was starting to bring the lap times down. I struggled all weekend with rear end again not having done any testing did not have the rear any where near it needed to be so that's on the list to tune and get some more grip. The front end felt great an had some good turn in and response. With the rear end not helping had terrible oversteer so couldn't get the power down early enough to get good drive out of the corners. With the car a little more sorted I can see it getting a low 1:40 or high 1:30 around eastern creek I would be real happy with that.

null_zpsfc9660ae.png

null_zpsa9754b09.jpg

null_zpse5c20a7e.jpg

null_zps0f465354.jpg

null_zpsedda8313.jpg

null_zps7046b195.jpg

null_zpsf4dc07e5.jpg

null_zps48d132f1.jpg

null_zps63af0092.jpg

null_zpse12ce712.jpg

null_zpsfcb23fe7.jpg

null_zps7fe8a1ee.jpg