SAU Community

Private Track Day - Take 3

Bourbon Boy

Hi Everyone.... Im new to this forum and still working my way around. And I think I was too eager and posted this invitation (below) in the wrong place(S): http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Pr...;]-t324212.html AND http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Pr...-2-t324328.html

Just a little background on me... (which I know I should be posting on the Newbies Thread): I've owned the following cars: Corolla SX, MR2 Turbo (93 JDM spec), SSS (S14-SR20), Holden SS-V (V8 6.0L - 2008) and about a year ago I bought a 350GT Skyline and I love it. My ex MR2 probably won't like me saying it but I think it's my best drive ever...

I've always been a fan of racing but have only been to track days a few times but have had the itch ever since my first time... So my Friends and I have organised a Trackday and we need to get some recruits so what better way to find people with the common interest than to get on the forums.

Hope some of you will be keen on having a go and getting some good lap times... But please no idiots who don't listen or don't respect rules & instructions. I changed a few things from my original post but details below:

Let me know if you're interested!

Cheers,

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unleash the Beast in your Garage!!

Date: Monday 6th of September 2010 – Apply for leave now!

Time: Venue Opens at 8am - Racing Starts at 9am - Racing Finishes at 4pm - Outta there by 5pm

Type: Cars ONLY – All types welcome – Recruiting 20 cars MAX - for maximum track time. :ninja:

Cars so far: Skyline 350GT, Silvia S13, Honda Integra DC2, Porsche Boxter

Place: Wakefield Park - http://wakefieldpark.com.au/index.php?opti...7&Itemid=55

Price: $234 for the track

$50 racing license fee (1 year rego)

Spectators Free (but race passengers must sign in & wear appropriate protective clothing)

Condition: MUST pay Full amount (non-refundable) by COB Friday 23rd July 2010 to lock in your place... Spots Limited.

Notes: This is not a timed session, so you'll need a stop watch.

Interested?? Need more Info?? Let me know & I'll send out more details...

;)

I am very keen on this!! but september is a bit far from now, when is your deadline for reply?

any tips for what should i do to my 350gt to prepare for the track day, I never been to a track day before.

Hey,

What licence is required? (p's or fulls?)

Neither. You need to be over 16 and hold a CAMS, AASA or Wakefield licence

Friend of mine went to Wakefield not long ago and she is only on her Ls :)

I am very keen on this!! but september is a bit far from now, when is your deadline for reply?

any tips for what should i do to my 350gt to prepare for the track day, I never been to a track day before.

Nice Will... It'll be good to have another (or a few) 350GTs out there... I'll be running on almost stock with the exception of a custom cat-back exhaust from High-Tec and a set of good (not the best cause I can't afford it hehe) Kuhmo Tyres - 275/35/R19: Rears & 245/35/R19: Fronts (I think). I even took them off and put back the battered (not my fault) stockie rims+tyres(Maxis) to save the good Kuhmos.

Full payment of the track must be paid 30 days before the event date and we can't pay the full amount without everyones deposits... So yeah, We need those deposits by 23rd of July!

- Also Rain or Shine it will go ahead.

Neither. You need to be over 16 and hold a CAMS, AASA or Wakefield licence

Friend of mine went to Wakefield not long ago and she is only on her Ls :)

Yup that's right. What Cassbo said... Wakefield license = $50

By the way MBS206 (Matt) incase you're back on this thread, thanks for the PM (I Cant PM back) wish I knew about it before we paid the non-refundable deposit for Wakefield... but I will let my mates know about it. Thanks again.

How about brakes? what pad do you suggest is good for track? my friend install some Lucas? pads for his car and went to wakefield last time, they all melt after 5 laps....

I want some with good performance and not toooooo expensive. by the way mine V35 is a auto. bone stock haahaa. with ADVAN Sport tyres and a K&N panel filter only haha

How about brakes? what pad do you suggest is good for track? my friend install some Lucas? pads for his car and went to wakefield last time, they all melt after 5 laps....

I want some with good performance and not toooooo expensive. by the way mine V35 is a auto. bone stock haahaa. with ADVAN Sport tyres and a K&N panel filter only haha

A better question would be how hard do you want to take it?

The first few track days I ever went to I only used OEM Nissan pads. Seeing as I was new to tracking my car I took things pretty easy, I think this is why I never came off the track with smoke coming from my wheel arches. One day I got to the point where I needed to change pads and decided then to get some higher performing ones (Project Mu HC+)

I haven't used them myself but a common theme I keep hearing is that QFM A1RMs are a good performing pad that won't chew a huge hole in your wallet.

In summary, as long as you have reasonable pad thickness the pads that you already have on your car should do fine :)

Bone Stock Auto is all good with me... Like I said, it will be great to see another V35 on the track with me. We can see how the auto and manual compare with each other.

Also I agree with Cass... I think if this is your first time, then you should just stick with your current brakes. But maybe check how new your pads are first. What most people do is do between 5-10 laps then head back in the pits and cool off. And because we are expecting 20 cars on the day, we will try to make it 10 cars or less on the track at any one session... so everyone will have to pull into the pits so others can get a turn (but we will work this out depending on how many cars we actually get confirmed for the day).

You interested Cass? Doooo iiit! :D

Any other 350GTs or Nissans out there interested??? Come on... so far the day will be dominated with little Hondas with only me and my mate with the Nissans. Come oooonn... REPRESENT to do battle!! :P

You interested Cass? Doooo iiit! :D

You have no idea how interested I am! Problem is that things a are little tight for me financially atm. :)

Provided that nothing unforseen comes up in the next month and / or people who owe me money start paying some back you may very well see me and the FailBoat out there :thumbsup:

Yeah... I hear ya. Im on the same boat but am squeezing the life out of my finances for this one day... I might be able to afford the petrol to drive home. :thumbsup:

Anyways you know where to find me if\when you get the funds.

Just found out my mate recruited another Honda... COME ON NISSANS!

Anyone who is interested please PM me their name, email address or phone number and I will send through the bank details via email or SMS. :D

I would PM you myself but the forum won't let me because Im a newbie...

Just a simple question,,,could you define "Cars ONLY".

Type: Cars ONLY – All types welcome – Recruiting 20 cars MAX - for maximum track time.

Are you talking tin-tops only or am I not allowed to bring say my Radical,,,maybe open wheeler or are you talking about bikes?.

Cheers

Neil.

Sorry, just another quick question, will there be medical (ambo) on the day? I think if you have 20 cars or less it is optional?

All good mate. Ask as many questions you want: Ambulance is optional unless the session is timed and\or there are more that 20 cars attending. Then an Ambulance becomes mandatory... which will be an extra $600 for the whole day.

So to lighten the cost of the session we opted not to have an Ambulance on standby... however, we will be organising a Track Marshal to help out and pull out any one who happens to accidentally visit the beach. :) But hopefully, it will be an incident free day.

The only dramas I am expecting is having to hand over $50 to my mates if they get a faster laptime than me, which will NOT HAPPEN!! lol

All good mate. Ask as many questions you want: Ambulance is optional unless the session is timed and\or there are more that 20 cars attending. Then an Ambulance becomes mandatory... which will be an extra $600 for the whole day.

So to lighten the cost of the session we opted not to have an Ambulance on standby... however, we will be organising a Track Marshal to help out and pull out any one who happens to accidentally visit the beach. :D But hopefully, it will be an incident free day.

The only dramas I am expecting is having to hand over $50 to my mates if they get a faster laptime than me, which will NOT HAPPEN!! lol

I would be happy to pay the extra $30 for the ambo, which also means we can pay a little extra again and have timing... this works well for your $50 bet, as I'm very happy to take bribes to ensure lap times tumble ;):) he he.

Sounds like fun, I'll see how the funds go. You should post up some pictures of your ride... I love the 350 Skyline. :D

Stay Sidewayz Kidz,

Dan.

hehe I'll get you to throw some banana peels :D from your window. Thanks for the offer, i might have to consider it since they're running on full mods (engine, suspension & tyres) while Im running on almost stock. Im just relying on my skillz and hopefully their lack of... :)

Yeah I want to post pics up but I just moved places so no interenet yet just accessing this site at work (yes Im bludging right now). I've got some cool gadgets for this track day that I want to show off and get advice on so I will post pics soon.

Yeah cool, post the pics up as soon as you can man, there are lots of people that can offer advice, plenty of heads here that have learnt by being burnt. :P

Just a simple question,,,could you define "Cars ONLY".

Type: Cars ONLY – All types welcome – Recruiting 20 cars MAX - for maximum track time.

Are you talking tin-tops only or am I not allowed to bring say my Radical,,,maybe open wheeler or are you talking about bikes?.

Cheers

Neil.

Hi Neil, sorry mate totally missed your post. Sorry dude... Yes I mean no Bikes. Man if you got a Radical, it would make mine and Im sure a lot of the other drivers day if you came along. Those things are :) RADICAL (sorry I couldnt resist). Two thumbs up. :P:P