SAU Community

What Do The Japanese Think Of R33 Gts-t?

s13-steve

like someone said on this forum a while back; if all you can fault with a r33 is its cosmetics, which are very subjective, then you really need to rethink your argument that the car as a whole is "shit"

Precisely, Even if i preferred the look of the 32 over the 33 I would take a 33 just on its engineering and mechanical superiority.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funnily enough CPD when i first joined the forum I had no hate for any of them It just got very old very quickly having the flat cap brigade rag on the whale for no reason other than they didnt like the shape. Well if thats their only argument they can go blow goats. The 33 kicks 32 arse by design Thanks to nissan.

Even as a heavier car it owns the 32. They appear to have difficulty dealing with it.

Farken bring it I say flatcappers. :D

Funnily enough CPD when i first joined the forum I had no hate for any of them It just got very old very quickly having the flat cap brigade rag on the whale for no reason other than they didnt like the shape. Well if thats their only argument they can go blow goats. The 33 kicks 32 arse by design Thanks to nissan.

Even as a heavier car it owns the 32. They appear to have difficulty dealing with it.

Farken bring it I say flatcappers. :D

Wasn't meaning you dude :P Just in general. I love my 33 to bits... I much prefer it to the 32 GTS-T. You can't compare a GT-R's styling to a GTS-T (or GTT, same diff), so it's not part of my argument.

edit::

oops just realised you were agreeing

I see lots of 32 gtrs with the rear spoiler in place ther eis nothing wrong with it

It not a towel rail like the r33

I guess the 33 is later model and so its better engineering I agree with that

If you are using your magna / r33 for daily transport then i guess that matters. but really if i wanted a two door magna then i would just put the kiddi lock on so the back doors didnt open

The r32 was built to be a race car the r33 was a magna with out the extra doors so people could pretend to be a race car and still drop the videos off on sunday

As an additional reason why the R33 isn't favoured in Japan is because it doesn't follow the typical Skyline shape that goes right back to the C210. It's that "sleakish, angular" look (lol might have to use your imagination with that) was present even on the R32 and R34, but in comparison the R33 was the odd one out. Example: R30, R31, R32 - evolutionary design, less angular with the R32. R33 - round 90s jelly look. R34 - Back to the angular look but updated for the 2000s.

Those descriptions are pretty lame I know but that's the essence of the styling in the Japanese context so I've been told by some Skyline owners. The R33 is the odd one out and reflected that in the huge amounts that were exported to the point that you're more likely to see an R32 than an R33 getting around. Also too at the time I think Toyota gave some stiff opposition to the R33 sedan with the JZX90 sedans of that era which are still fairly easy to come by in comparison, mainly due to the local Japanese still wanting them!

I like the R33 by the way, I had a GTS coupe (yes NA 2.5L boo) but it was a good decent daily and it did skids.

I see lots of 32 gtrs with the rear spoiler in place ther eis nothing wrong with it

It not a towel rail like the r33

I see lots of them with them off too just as I see lots of 33's with them left on. Not so bad tho because they're not an ironing board like the 32.

I guess the 33 is later model and so its better engineering I agree with that

You have no choice, Eat it!

If you are using your magna / r33 for daily transport then i guess that matters. but really if i wanted a two door magna then i would just put the kiddi lock on so the back doors didnt open

I guess you do use your flat cap as a daily and thats why it burns your arse that the 33 is the above.

The r32 was built to be a race car the r33 was a magna with out the extra doors so people could pretend to be a race car and still drop the videos off on sunday

The 32 was built for all the same intents and purposes and variants as the 33. 2 door, 4 door family hack etc etc.

You got nuthin bish. suck it up and buy a whale.

The 32 was built for all the same intents and purposes and variants as the 33. 2 door, 4 door family hack etc etc.

You got nuthin bish. suck it up and buy a whale.

Clealy a disgruntled magna owner,

Im sorry you bought the wrong car

I love 33's and S14's (which is exactly the ones the baron pointed out are like the black sheep in Japan... weird).

I love 32 GTRs and any turbo 33 or 34. The only skyline I don't like is the 32 GTS-t and that's because of the RB20.

I love the R33 body because it pairs nice, clean styled lines with one hell of a motor! 32s and 34s just look angry all the time, there's no finese to them.

I don't think anyone's arguing with that fact LOL.

Yeah you see the odd R33 GT-R in Japan, but the GTS-Ts have all been sent over to places like here for bogans to put 20x7.5 chrome rims on, and 18psi through the stock turbo :yes:

Given the lack of aftermarket support for them over there, I think that really says it all.

Also RB20 haters need to get a life, the RB20 is an inherently stronger motor than the RB25, and for most applications they can be made to perform equally well!

I don't think anyone's arguing with that fact LOL.

Also RB20 haters need to get a life, the RB20 is an inherently stronger motor than the RB25, and for most applications they can be made to perform equally well!

BULLSHIT!