SAU Community

People Who Drive Their Skyline Daily

s13-steve

So, I think the moral of this story is: grow up/get old, grow a beard and don't drive like a cockhead :/

Oh and don't go on SilWA or antilag cruises.

Done many a Antilag cruise with no issues , the dickheads attract all the attention .. same as any cruise

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to get pulled over and drugs tested almost every weekend last year. Long hair didn't help that =P

Even without driving like a fool, still got followed home a few times when police saw me.

But yeah, no driving like a fool and you'll be fine. Never had trouble at an antilag cruise though.

I haven't had trouble on antilag cruises but I know people who have, and they weren't even being idiots.. they were just the unfortunate souls bringing up the rear of the pack and wore the brunt of the popos' displeasure.

I haven't had trouble on antilag cruises but I know people who have, and they weren't even being idiots.. they were just the unfortunate souls bringing up the rear of the pack and wore the brunt of the popos' displeasure.

Down side to having slow car on a cruise :):laugh::laugh:

These stories don't count if you are on your P plates. Police will harass ANY P plater no matter what car they are driving for the tiniest offence or even suspicion.

I've driven my skyline daily for 4 years now without P plates and I've only been pulled over when I've been a naughty boy. Haven't been pulled over for a RBT or anything like that by a patrol car.

These stories don't count if you are on your P plates. Police will harass ANY P plater no matter what car they are driving for the tiniest offence or even suspicion.

This is reminds me of the 2nd time I got pulled over during a Easter long weekend break, was on my green Ps back then. Undercover pulls me over & 1 guy comes up & says: "We pulled over because we couldn't see your P plates properly." Then he goes on saying "Well now I come closer I can see you have them on & thats what matters so its all good...". Then the other guy comes up & repeats the same thing & sent me on my way... weird.

This is reminds me of the 2nd time I got pulled over during a Easter long weekend break, was on my green Ps back then. Undercover pulls me over & 1 guy comes up & says: "We pulled over because we couldn't see your P plates properly." Then he goes on saying "Well now I come closer I can see you have them on & thats what matters so its all good...". Then the other guy comes up & repeats the same thing & sent me on my way... weird.

Were you freaking out man ?

I could rant and rave on and tell my story for driving imports,the last 8 or so years,and the cop stories bla bla bla and winje winje but im not gona..moral of the story is - driving like a holden/ford/f*kin pole smoker will attract the po po's but driving normally and no excessive loud-ass bov noises etc will never see you pulled over...

I could rant and rave on and tell my story for driving imports,the last 8 or so years,and the cop stories bla bla bla and winje winje but im not gona..moral of the story is - driving like a holden/ford/f*kin pole smoker will attract the po po's but driving normally and no excessive loud-ass bov noises etc will never see you pulled over...

So many generalizations in that statement... Not one of them correct :)

I dont get pulled over often at all during normal driving times but late nights/early mornings especially weekends is a different story, when I am either designated driver or coming home from work late at night.

My record is getting pulled over 4 times in the space of 1 hour, generally at those times pretty much any police car that see's you will pull you over if they can. Mainly its just for an RBT though they havn't checked under my bonnet for a long time.

I've had more than a fair share of suspensions and royal screwovers. Not worth going through them all but I renewed my P2's and had them a total of about 5 years on them, and blacks about the same amount of time now.

It made me learn this: You will always get pulled over when making lots of noise and driving like a tool, and while being polite may play a minor factor in the end result, the most important factor I've come to find is whether you're on your P's or not. I've had the biggest royal screwovers on my P's for very minor offences in a NA S2 RX7.

One time since then in the 32, was pulled over for what I consider a "This officer is definitely gonna come over yelling" moment, but he simply got the paperwork done, told me in his words "If you want to give if a squirt, you should take it to the track mate." and let me on my way, very polite, and no popping of bonnets, or other screw-overs (which after my years of experience on my P's) I was expecting to happen.

Get off them P's, but also, don't do things that will get you done in the first place.

I'm currently doing a ton of work on my 32, and one of the things I've focused solidly on is trying to keep everything legal. I personally find it rather fun, knowing the end result will be something that won't be so frowned upon, but at the same time I can still thoroughly enjoy my ride. Add that with mature driving, I shouldn't have to fibrillate myself every time a patrol car drives past, once it's back on the road. Last week my friend showed me his new 33, it's got a big logger unit covering his speedo etc, I shook my head... ..then kinda laughed at myself, cause I would have been doing that 5 years ago when I was a lot dumber. :)

I've had more than a fair share of suspensions and royal screwovers. Not worth going through them all but I renewed my P2's and had them a total of about 5 years on them, and blacks about the same amount of time now.

I have no idea what that means, but I like your signature picture :cool:

I have no idea what that means, but I like your signature picture :cool:

If you're referring to the licenses. NSW: P's (Reds) 1 year, P2 (Greens) 2 years, and blacks is your full license. Sorry to be vague. :D

Back then the points were all basically the same for offences, and I wasn't a drink driver for that matter so I didn't need the 0.05 etc. Greens carry 7 points, renewed over 1 year period. Blacks have 12 points over a 3 year period. Therefore you get 21 points over 3 years on your Greens.

The way it all is now, I wouldn't be doing that lol. And when I represented myself for a suspension to be removed in court, the judge even asked why I was still on my Greens, I explained and he simply laughed and said I should upgrade, not because I have to, but it's simply advisable.

If you're referring to the licenses. NSW: P's (Reds) 1 year, P2 (Greens) 2 years, and blacks is your full license. Sorry to be vague. :D

Back then the points were all basically the same for offences, and I wasn't a drink driver for that matter so I didn't need the 0.05 etc. Greens carry 7 points, renewed over 1 year period. Blacks have 12 points over a 3 year period. Therefore you get 21 points over 3 years on your Greens.

The way it all is now, I wouldn't be doing that lol. And when I represented myself for a suspension to be removed in court, the judge even asked why I was still on my Greens, I explained and he simply laughed and said I should upgrade, not because I have to, but it's simply advisable.

Ah ok, gotchya :cool:

So many generalizations in that statement... Not one of them correct :D

I DONT USUALY BITE BAK,BUT WEL U GOT ME ON A BAD DAY.......

MATE its a free country and last time i checked its freedom of speech so i can say what the f**k i like without sum little fruitypie teling me OH U R WRONG..I was driving in general AND driving imports long b4 u probly were so dont U say IM generalising :cool: ...I,and my mates,have been there,dun it and seen ALOT.Defected 17 times in nearly 9 years (of just imports) and probly wil get defected sumtime in the future. I hav driven like a fu**head in my late teens/early 20's,had my car low as shit,loud ass bovs + zorsts,gates,illegal dark tint,loud stereos and alot more and hav been yellowed 4 sum of the dumbest reasons that even the guys in the pits hav just shook their head and laughed and said WHY did u get stickered mate!? - my answer was I must of been driving out of the ord to draw attention from the cops and then BANG..Im not saying every1 is the same but if u drive normal and obey the rules of the road 8 times out of 10 u wil get where ur going without the cops shitin ya or pullin u over..My car as it stands NOW has coilyz down (illegaly) llllow as,blitz bov lllloud and zorst even louder with a screamer and a few more (yellow sticker material) goodies but after picking my car up from a workshop friday arvo,and being followed for 20ks by a squad car then they turned off,then going thru a booze bus and breathalized friday nite (all good not 1 look) and then pulled over on my way home from work today (4 waving at a mate at the lights) and NOT 1 cop out off all of em said f**k all to me even tho i should of got stickered and the only reason i wasnt is was i was driving the limit and not "hooning" or wateva and not out of the ord and i was "behaving" like they want to see.. there is a time and place 4 everything and the streets arent the place to do it..FURTHER MORE my brother was a cop for 15 years up till begining of 2010 and he told me numerous amount of times that IF U DRIVE LIKE A F***HEAD or out of the norm u wil draw unwanted attention by the cops and probly stickered but if u drive "normal' and within limits no mater if ur car is low,loud or dark tinted 8 times outa 10 u WIL B ALRIGHT........THATS MY 2 CENTS ANYWAY....im sure u hav urz so feel free to debate even tho thats off the topic just like my post :) ...............

I DONT USUALY BITE BAK,BUT WEL U GOT ME ON A BAD DAY.......

MATE its a free country and last time i checked its freedom of speech so i can say what the f**k i like without sum little fruitypie teling me OH U R WRONG..I was driving in general AND driving imports long b4 u probly were so dont U say IM generalising :cool: ...I,and my mates,have been there,dun it and seen ALOT.Defected 17 times in nearly 9 years (of just imports) and probly wil get defected sumtime in the future. I hav driven like a fu**head in my late teens/early 20's,had my car low as shit,loud ass bovs + zorsts,gates,illegal dark tint,loud stereos and alot more and hav been yellowed 4 sum of the dumbest reasons that even the guys in the pits hav just shook their head and laughed and said WHY did u get stickered mate!? - my answer was I must of been driving out of the ord to draw attention from the cops and then BANG..Im not saying every1 is the same but if u drive normal and obey the rules of the road 8 times out of 10 u wil get where ur going without the cops shitin ya or pullin u over..My car as it stands NOW has coilyz down (illegaly) llllow as,blitz bov lllloud and zorst even louder with a screamer and a few more (yellow sticker material) goodies but after picking my car up from a workshop friday arvo,and being followed for 20ks by a squad car then they turned off,then going thru a booze bus and breathalized friday nite (all good not 1 look) and then pulled over on my way home from work today (4 waving at a mate at the lights) and NOT 1 cop out off all of em said f**k all to me even tho i should of got stickered and the only reason i wasnt is was i was driving the limit and not "hooning" or wateva and not out of the ord and i was "behaving" like they want to see.. there is a time and place 4 everything and the streets arent the place to do it..FURTHER MORE my brother was a cop for 15 years up till begining of 2010 and he told me numerous amount of times that IF U DRIVE LIKE A F***HEAD or out of the norm u wil draw unwanted attention by the cops and probly stickered but if u drive "normal' and within limits no mater if ur car is low,loud or dark tinted 8 times outa 10 u WIL B ALRIGHT........THATS MY 2 CENTS ANYWAY....im sure u hav urz so feel free to debate even tho thats off the topic just like my post :D ...............

Can't be bothered reading all of that if you can't be bothered structuring or spelling properly...

Anyway, first I was referring to your comment about Holden and Ford drivers, that is a huge generalization that is in no way correct. You probably made it in jest, I wasn't really having a go, but it is an incorrect generalization none the less.

And secondly, to say that you will not get pulled over is also blatant ignorance. Read the comments in this thread alone, if that isn't enough for you then feel free to have a harder look throughout the forums. There are plenty of occasions where people have been pulled over for 'RBTs' or when they were not doing anything wrong. Like me personally, I have been pulled over for no reason twice...

I didn't say you were wrong about being pulled over if you drive like a dickhead, obviously that highly increases your chances of being pulled over. I was talking about the generalizations that you made that express outright ignorance.

And finally, I believe freedom of speech goes both ways, you are allowed to express your opinion and I am allowed to tell you that you are wrong. Hence free. So maybe chill out a little bit, I didn't attack you like you attacked me. I simply pointed out that your statement was incorrect.