SAU Community

S12 Silvia (gazelle) Build

After selling my skyline and then my S13 silvia to improve finances to buy a house I started missing the fun of driving a RWD sporty car. My daily 626 wagon just wasn't cutting it :)

My budget was minimal as most of my income was/is going on the house, so I looked around for something cheap, but could be upgraded as funds allowed. The S12 Silvia (Gazelle here in Aus) seemed like a good candidate as quite a few S13 parts could be made to work.

I looked for an S12 for a while, but basically gave up when I didn't find anything that interested me. Out of the blue someone I'd contacted earlier messaged me asking if I was still looking and $500 later the notch (notchback) was mine.

The plans for the notch is to gradually improve it, first getting it registered, and then slowly making it more track oriented. It's in pretty good condition due to be made roadworthy and then garaged for 5 years.

Picked up the first parts, grabbing a couple of door pins from centre rd wreckers. R31 door pins are the same as the S12, woo. Hopefully the next lot of parts will be a bit more performance oriented.

S12_Start1.JPG

S12_Start2.JPG

While the next engine hasn't been decided yet, it definitely won't be staying as it is.

CA20E Twin Sparkness

S12_Engine.jpg

But an SR20DE is a definite possibility, with a friend giving me these for free!

S12_Quads.jpg